What is your profession?

Imba

Ok, im not sure if there is any smiliar topic but...

What is your profession? What school you finished / what degree and what you are working if you have a job?

/me finished electrotechnical middle school (thats like high school on west i think), i am electrotechnician for telecommunications. So there is something i 'learnt' and what i should work once: internet, cable and sat TV, phones, networks, signals, electronics... just telecommunications.

Graduated in june and still searching for first job, i have 2 offers for next month so i will see what i can do. One is in some PC service and another to be a prison guard, fierce guard as Somnesia :lol:

What about you? :huh:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have studied radiologist technologist. But it's a horrible job and never wanted to work on that field.

Currently I work in a dvd/retail club. It's a dead end job, but it's cool. At least there's something that interest me (movies, videogames etc.)

BTW I have worked as a security guard as well. Man, the hours felt like months! :D

Wait you said prison guard. You actually mean prison guard?

I have studied information technology and telecommunications on an university of applied sciences.

Not on "electrotechnican" level though, but I had a few lectures going into that. "Electronic circuitry", how to build logic circuits and all that.

Currently I work as IT support in a software company. But we don't deal with ordinary computer problems, we rather do higher level things that have to do with our software...

It's interesting, especially as a first job, getting to know shit and so on ... but it's not a job for a very long time to be honest.

I've studied media (graphic design, homepage design, animation) in high-school. later on I studied digital animation in university.

I don't work much with that nowadays. a little before as a freelancer, but I work mostly with computer these days. Repairing and stuff.

I work as an interpreter: english and italian to croatian, croatian to english and italian, english to croatian and italian, italian and croatian to english... You get the point.

I talk a lot. Really a lot. Love working with people, hate translating stuff like books and official documents though.

Worked everwhere from construction to warehouses, financial institutions, promotion, advertisement, etc. etc.

Currently abroad, in Strasbourg, trying to earn enough money to pay for a tourist guide course.

I studied archeology in university, but because of my obsession with medieval times I studied religion afterwards.

First I did a few months of archeological field work, but because that was a job with very little future (I liked it, but very uncertain future projects) I became a teacher. Right now I am a teacher for 5 years teaching Religion, History and Flemish culture to people of 15-20 years old. Partly to "normal" Belgian kids, partly to people that just arrived in Belgium, still learning the language... (and that's super interesting, as you have 3-5 religions in each class...)

All in all, I really like my job and I guess I will going on with it the next years :)

I work as an interpreter: english and italian to croatian, croatian to english and italian, english to croatian and italian, italian and croatian to english... You get the point.

I talk a lot. Really a lot. Love working with people, hate translating stuff like books and official documents though.

Worked everwhere from construction to warehouses, financial institutions, promotion, advertisement, etc. etc.

Currently abroad, in Strasbourg, trying to earn enough money to pay for a tourist guide course.

Do you also do realtime translation for lectures and conferences?? I´ve always been amazed at that people...

On topic, I´m a boom operator :ph34r: , but from time to time I also do location mixing. It is fun every now and then....

Do you also do realtime translation for lectures and conferences?? I´ve always been amazed at that people...

Yes I do, even though I haven't attended one of those since October 2010 in Turin, Italy.

Funniest experience ever was June 2006, in Florence, also Italy. We got so wasted the night before that I caught myself falling asleep 16 times during the conference and then I had stopped counting...

My head banged against the table twice, the other times I got awaken by the ecstatic voice of the original speaker.

The most remarkable thing of it all is how I still managed to wrap everything up in one coherent story and get payed as well, sir :D

Yes I do, even though I haven't attended one of those since October 2010 in Turin, Italy.

Funniest experience ever was June 2006, in Florence, also Italy. We got so wasted the night before that I caught myself falling asleep 16 times during the conference and then I had stopped counting...

My head banged against the table twice, the other times I got awaken by the ecstatic voice of the original speaker.

The most remarkable thing of it all is how I still managed to wrap everything up in one coherent story and get payed as well, sir :D

Listening-translating-speaking-sleeping. all at the same time!! :huh: Respect!!

masters in finance, working in a limo company... absolutely nothing to do with my degree but I get to travel a lot and listen to psy all day, so that's cool :) on the downside I have to stay sober all the time that's less cool lol

Man, how cool must that be ... I wouldn't even have a problem with being sober and I LOVE to drive cars. Hell ... maybe I should apply for such a job?

I worked for many years in IT doing web development for banks and such. It was dreadfully boring so I quit to enrol in university for ecology and evolutionary biology with a side order of physical geography. I'd like to do my masters or Ph.D. but plan to take a gap year of sorts... travelling (hopefully) and working full-time as a music technology entrepreneur, label owner, and DJ.

Man, how cool must that be ... I wouldn't even have a problem with being sober and I LOVE to drive cars. Hell ... maybe I should apply for such a job?

yes you should ;)

I worked for many years in IT doing web development for banks and such. It was dreadfully boring so I quit to enrol in university for ecology and evolutionary biology with a side order of physical geography. I'd like to do my masters or Ph.D. but plan to take a gap year of sorts... travelling (hopefully) and working full-time as a music technology entrepreneur, label owner, and DJ.

oh yeah I think we all have such a dream :)

I am a telecom engineer working as development team lead at a large media company, managing a few high volume (posh lady stuffs) sites.

I am seeing what my options are to get back to uni to study astronomy however. I don't want to spend my entire professional career doing just one thing.

I have a bachelor in biology and a master in cellular biology, I am now getting a PhD at the medical faculty here in Copenhagen working with developing model-systems for testing various types of nanomedicine (small fictionalized particles etc.) with a bunch of optical physicists...

well, I won't change my profession so soon, but in the long run I had the half-plan to study arts ... that would also be quite suitable for the driver job I think ... but I'm starting to give that up again because I just see I am not coming along with my arts plans AT ALL...

I mean, I already went to an interview regarding the studies where I had presented them a portfolio of my arts (it was on the 23rd, that's my favourite number, I HAD to go there) ... and then I didn't go to the exam and now I have still not managed to get the folder back because I am too lazy and stupid. It's not going anywhere this way.

So it seems like I'm going to stay IT support for some time...