Ogoun - Enter the Void

Rockdenashi Productionz

Posted Image

1 Ogoun – Enter The Void

2 Ogoun – Rada Voodoo

3 Ogoun – Utopia Porcina

4 Ogoun – Pantano

5 Ogoun – Corozon

6 Dark Whisper – Santa Sangre (Necropsycho Rmx)

7 Necropsycho – Kuarup

8 Dark Whisper – Sfera

9 Necropsycho – Stramonium (Dark Whisper Rmx)

Hello there Psynews.

Before you read, be warned I have not much experience in listening to dark. It's just that I'm leaning towards this style more and more lately, seeking moods in psychedelia. Sure I've listened to some Kindzadza or Penta in the past, but not really anything past this main stream of dark trance. So my views won't be much rooted in knowledge of this music.

Ogoun consists of Necropsycho (Carmine Eugenio Tarsitano) and Dark Whisper (Manuel Bellini), two producers absorbed mainly in darkpsy, both with a speckle of experimentation.

After a full listen the first impression is that the material presented here is more deep, bleak and still than each artist's individual work. This doesn't mean the tracks lack in development, to the contrary each has a solid, deliberate unfolding as expected from a psytrance album. This work also preserves characteristics of both producers' styles, which is firstly well-done progression of synths with no hesitance to throw in some motifs repetitive to the utmost, known from Necropsycho's doings; also, typically for Dark Whisper you'll find some neat filtered voice samples enhancing the psychedelic mood.

The synthesizer work here left on me a sensation of being a bit more delicate or maybe sophisticated than in both artists' usual ways; this is especially pronounced in comparison to Necropsycho's regular dark larrup. This may be due to more stress being put on long, ambient synth sounds. Which is a rule in an otherwise diverse set of tracks.

The last 4 tracks are made by singular performers, but two of them are remixes by the other. It's doubtful if this could be perceived without foregoing insight as both artists attempt to level their style to that of the project itself, resulting in an even yet individual formula for the album.

Overall sounds to me like a smart dark trance CD with a sharp, quite subtle - for the genre - feel. I'd mark it 7.5/10. Also favorites: 3, 4, 7.