Recommendations desired - I'm out of the loop!

healium

Someone please help me, I haven't bought a psytrance or psychill album in a couple years or so - last good one I bought was Hedonix "Order out of Chaos", which I love - stellar album..

I have no idea what's been good these past couple/few years..

What I DO like is the proper twisted psytrance style ala Koxbox, Hux Flux, Logic Bomb, Hallucinogen, Nystagmus, and older Infected Mushroom.. I like some of the progressive stuff too like Reefer Decree and Sensient.. Anything that's artistic, complex, and the sort of thing that blows your mind when you give it a good listen on headphones..

I don't care much for all these neo-goatrance acts like Artifact303, Astrancer, Laughing Buddha, Khetzel, Filteria, etc - not hearing much original there.. Don't like most of the "full-on" style productions either.. I also don't care for the "Darkpsy" style what with the pounding baselines..

So any good albums in the more so twisted psytrance style would be great - good psychill album also - I like everything Shulman and Ott have done, and much of the style on the Ultimae label..

I love my old albums but I'm beginning to feel like those people that love classic rock but not the new or "alternative" rock and so they are still listening exclusively to Led Zepellin, Pink Floyd, and all that stuff..

thanks so much!

Sensient's album The Space Between from '10 sounds like something you would enjoy (well you mention him anyways), maybe also Minimal Criminal - Minimus Maleficarum in the psychedelic progressive department.

If you like the Schlab sound there has been a few new very good releases to look into as well:

Ka-Sol - Ex-Hume Vol.1, BOTFB - Digging Mud, BOTFB & Ka-Sol - Master Of The Outhouse. Kiriyama - Reach Escape Velocity & VA - The Oldest Story

I would like some recommendations too please. And I would like to recommend: Master Blaster's new album, Psykovsky's Tanetsveta and Loopus in Fabula new album.

There is also this coming out http://www.psyshop.c.../epp1cd014.html, a compilation by a hedonix.

May be the new Riddler album is good and the Ace Ventura compilation?!?

I have just been listening mostly soundcloud sets these days mostly. Lots of perfect stranger too.

Now listening to Hus Flux's Unreleased previews.

Awesome, thanks for the leads!

Just checked the Hux Flux previews on Soundcloud - epic stuff - "Tarantula" is badass - Hux Flux makes the sickest melodies, so twisted and groovy..

Said on the site the new album is slated for an April 2012 released - I'm jazzed!

If you like old IM and Nystagmus then maybe you want to give Fraktophon - Nachtvolk http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=8884 a try. I just got the album but it gives me the good old twisted psy feeling.

Funny you mention Reefer Decree, this is among my favourite proggie albums. I bought a lot of nice progressive but not in that style. I will check my stuff at home to see if I acn give you some recommendations that fit.

I love my old albums but I'm beginning to feel like those people that love classic rock but not the new or "alternative" rock and so they are still listening exclusively to Led Zepellin, Pink Floyd, and all that stuff..

+1 :(

Shit............... :P

Awesome, keep 'em coming! :-)

Terrafractyl - I heard the album by this artist released a couple years ago was very good stuff - was always out of stock when I tried to order it though..

Artifakt - his music is hit or miss for me - some of it is just too harsh and jarring sounding - discordant, hard to get into a nice tranced-out groove with.. Some tracks are excellent though.. Haven't heard his latest album..

Tatsu - I really like both of the Reffer Decree albums actually - the newer one, "Point of You" is more melodic, catchier type music, but it's got some depth too.. Are you talking about their first album "Soundframes"? That album is a classic for sure..

Insejn - thanks, I haven't heard of any of those artists except Loud - will look into it..

If you feel like trying something a bit different and experimental give this a crack, really nice mix of glitch and psychedelic progressive.

http://www.ektoplazm...the-hass-effect

Free too of course off ektoplazm, which is great btw, raid ektoplazm!!

Can always recommend more of the darker proggy sounds like Sensient and Cujorious One:

Pspiralife - Self Similiar, Tetrameth - The Eclectic Benevolence, VA - Mechanics of Awakening, VA - Spun Cycle

Also, I'm really looking forward to Logic Bomb's upcoming album!

Awesome, keep 'em coming! :-)

Terrafractyl - I heard the album by this artist released a couple years ago was very good stuff - was always out of stock when I tried to order it though..

Artifakt - his music is hit or miss for me - some of it is just too harsh and jarring sounding - discordant, hard to get into a nice tranced-out groove with.. Some tracks are excellent though.. Haven't heard his latest album..

Tatsu - I really like both of the Reffer Decree albums actually - the newer one, "Point of You" is more melodic, catchier type music, but it's got some depth too.. Are you talking about their first album "Soundframes"? That album is a classic for sure..

Insejn - thanks, I haven't heard of any of those artists except Loud - will look into it..

Actually I was talking about the second Reefer Decree album. I haven't even heard the first one but so far I was rather disappointed with older prog releaes since they all seem boring to me. Will still give it a try when I get the chance...

Well if you liked Ultimae, of their recent releases (last couple of years) check out http://www.discogs.com/Carbon-Based-Lifeforms-Interloper/release/2262337, http://www.discogs.com/Cell-Hanging-Masses/release/2046623 and http://www.discogs.com/Solar-Fields-Movements/master/3513 all fantastic stuff.

If you like things a little more ambient then Solar Fields AND CBL had more ambient oriented releases recently too :)