Artist: Liquid Space

Title: Looking Forward EP

Label: Iono Music

Date: August, 2011

1. Small Vibrations

2. Life Breaks Down

3. Looking Forward

4. Bending Time (Liquid Space Remix) - Flegma & Nerso

Progressive king of the hill Iono release an EP by Mr. Denny Seidewitz. Never heard of the guy, but as a label, you know you've got some clout if you can get a cameo by the Geico gecko. Perhaps after I give this EP the business he can save me on my car insurance.

Small Vibrations- Not bad, kinda has a techno feel to it. There are effects stabs and small melodies but it's an interesting track with short vocal samples. I'm listening...

Life Breaks Down- "What happens when life breaks down. When there is systemic contradiction. My name symbolized all that was corrupt to society. His name symbolized all that was pure. And I was being held in the embrace of a man who was pure."

You're being a little hard on yourself wouldn't you say? This one slowly evolves and has more of the chopped up effects and sample work. The break is pretty cool though I don't know how to feel about the...chick uh chick aahhhh...I feel like I should think it's pure cheese, but I kinda liked it.

Looking Forward- "As creatures of physics and chemistry and memory and hope we tend to fall into repetitious patterns."

I was thinking of a way to describe this track and he nailed it.

Bending Time (Liquid Space Remix)- Remixing a track off the Opposite album? You've got stones, kid. I hear plenty of massive sweeps and the pounding bass line, but that was in the original. The little melody and oscillating strings brings an airyness and hopeful feeling that appeals to me. It flowed nicely with his added touches. Good job.

You know how they have a huge stable of artists that create beautiful and melodic progressive trance that is massive in scope? Well, this isn't that. It's definitely less detailed, but has a simpler charm. Think of it as....progressive light. Good stuff, but I don't think it has any staying power and I see myself getting tired of this rather quickly. Nonetheless, he did a pretty good job with the remix.

http://www.beatport.com/release/looking-forward-e-p/399826

Mdk

• 9 months later...

Yes, progressive light is a good way to describe it. I like this guy's style. Like the remix on this album, but also like his other remix of Sonic Manipulation. Not on this album though.