Dimensional Gateway 2 (Compiled By Richpa)

After exactly one year, Neogoa first compilation Dimensional Gateway gets a sequel. Over 120 minutes of high quality Goa Trance and Psy Trance music from all over the world is presented on this V/A alongside with printable cover artwork, high resolution wallpapers and posters. Music on first part of compilation can be described as darker and more experimental Goa Trance, while second part focuses more on melodic side of Goa Trance. All tracks are carefully selected by label-head Richpa, while mastering is done by Igor Čeranić at Deimos Soundlabs. Cover artwork design by Ivan Parić at Neogoa Design.

Part I:

• PharaOm & Leyra - Intro(spection) (137 BPM)
  • Aerosis - Zen Hyperbabble (146 BPM)
  • Cybernetika - Eclipsis [Cycle Mix] (151 BPM)
  • Daimon - Edge Of Darkness (140 BPM)
  • Psychowave - Pataxo Ayonat (147 BPM)
  • Deimos - Funkscape 2.0 (140 BPM)
  • Erot - Binary Perception (80 BPM)
Part II:
  • Screw Loose - Mentally Unfit (145 BPM)
  • Cosmic Silence - Electric Manna (143 BPM)
  • Nova Fractal - Reality Of Life (145 BPM)
  • Radical Distortion - Goa Station (140 BPM)
  • Trinodia - Lasers And Demons (142 BPM)
  • BlackStarrFinale - Classic Attack (146 BPM)
  • Mindsphere - Presence (107 BPM)
Release date: 01.12.2011.

Posted Image

Full resolution flyer available here.

For more informations about this release, please visit our facebook | soundcloud | youtube page.

• 2 weeks later...

This is looking great and based on the samples the volume level seems to be higher for a chance. Anxious to hear it.

Who's mastering?

You can't judge mastering with youtube quality. Mastering has been done by Deimos, who's taking care of all our releases: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deimos/270210629678175

I know youtube can lower quality of sound but I'm not so sure on volume levels? Anyhoo, good to know.

I don't know what kind of monitors or headphones are you using but volume levels are on the same scale for every, track, I even compared tracks that has been posted on youtube in Acoustica to assure you that nothing is wrong with volume levels.

Posted Image

This weekend I played some tunes on larger soundsystem and all sounded smooth and clear. Reason for quieter parts might be found in youtube sound compression or in my own intensification of sound during the beginning and ending of every sample. Afterall, I've been clear about mastering-stuff on my net-label, I prefer to invest some money in mastering and have a good product at the end of the day, no matter that it's released for free.

I guess you're talking about perceived loudness... when pushing it louder you need to be extremely careful with audio distortion and whatnot, and most people who do mastering for free simply don't have the gear and the ears to go as high up as professional mastering engineers without messing things up. Not saying this is the case with Igor, he knows his stuff. Plus he's gonna be trying to balance all the tunes (it's quite a lot of them for this compilation) to sound consistent, each one written on diverse keys and production quality and style and perhaps some tunes won't lend themselves to be pushed as loud as others. Then there's also the issue of keeping the dynamics as intact as possible while still being loud, I think he's done a wonderful job so far.

??? I think we have a misunderstanding here. I said the volume levels are louder for a chance, which is good, unlike other free releases where the volume is a lot lower compared to most other releases for some reason.

Ah sorry, my mistake than :)

I guess you're talking about perceived loudness... when pushing it louder you need to be extremely careful with audio distortion and whatnot, and most people who do mastering for free simply don't have the gear and the ears to go as high up as professional mastering engineers without messing things up. Not saying this is the case with Igor, he knows his stuff. Plus he's gonna be trying to balance all the tunes (it's quite a lot of them for this compilation) to sound consistent, each one written on diverse keys and production quality and style and perhaps some tunes won't lend themselves to be pushed as loud as others. Then there's also the issue of keeping the dynamics as intact as possible while still being loud, I think he's done a wonderful job so far.

Ah some insight. It truly is a travesty how those problems affect free releases since there is also great music available for free.

What a pleasure to hear about DG part 2 (I mean teasers too)!!! Cheers to Richpa!

Must admit that many new artists work hard and improve their compositions (I mean songwriting of course). I don`t hear yet the last part of teasers, but this compilation is probably the best of all ever. Very strong crew!!! And good luck!

That aerosis sounds really interesting, doesn't sound like the norm from them!

Aerosis tune (Zen Hyperbabble) is written and produced by Bobby (without Jeremy) and it is one of my favorites, you gonna like it I'm sure, aswell as the first part/cd which is more darker/experimental oriented Goa.

btw did you ever happen to take classes in marketing by any chance. Never seen someone promo so professionally in this scene tbh

Thanks for that Penzo, I always try to present music and art in best possible way and I'm doing it with passion. Never took any marketing or any PR-related course or education, however I worked few years in my hometown in one club as a guy who is doing bookings for bands, dealing with terms and expanses, creates and designs flyers, posters and all that stuff.