3. Chapter One - Twice

4. Heavy New Beer - Klopfgeister

5. Good Bye Goa (Jiser Remix) - Klopfgeister

6. Clone Baby - Midimal

7. Dirty Santa (Elecdruids Remix) - Klopfgeister

8. Good Bye Goa (Suduaya Remix) - Klopfgeister

9. Apollo - Beatbastards

*Barry White Music playing softly in the background. Lights dimmed.*

Hey Iono baby. Long time no see. Aw, don't be like that sugar nipples. True, it's been a while since I touched you but you gotta realize those other labels meant nothing to me. Really they didn't. I thought you had lost interest, you know, releasing so many EP's, going all digital on me....

You know I love you right? You look really good with that slimmed down tracklist. I didn't think you had 3 Klopfgeister remixes, a new track and a track by his new project in you. C'mon baby we've been through so much that I think we owe it to ourselves to see if we still have that magic. Whattya say?

Another go round, just for old times sake?

Jeff Vader- Was that Darth's real first name? Let's see...what project does this remind me of...wait for it, wait for it...AH! Klopfgeister! This is Thorsten Paul with his slower tempo house project. It's got a house swagger to it and from the 2001 movie dramatic string stabs...you know...dah dah!!!! There should be monkeys throwing sequencers in the air in the video. Nice beat and groovy tone, perfect to whet the appetite.

Dark Ages- Boban Lazovski has been a busy progressive trance guy releasing several EP's and a recent remix album that I've been meaning to dive into. He's got the atmosphere here, with great effects and a darker tone. Hmmm, go figure, the track is called Dark Ages. Digital farts abound with sounds echoing from every nook and cranny. Nice.

Chapter One- This one is true Iono spaciousness. No idea who is behind this project, but now I'm behind this project. It's a bit of a slow and minimal starter, but then the effects kick in and the groove intensifies. Short synth melodies echo and whoever this is got his PHD in the delay button. The break is superb with a brief slow beat and warm pads. The best so far.

Heavy New Beer- This is the one new Klopfgeister track and he decides to tackle the most popular beverage on the planet. We sent our crack team of investigators into the field for a little research as to why this was the case.

Posted Image

"Again too small of a sample size...how many times must we go over this?!?"

This track is more under the radar. Gone are the echoing synths and crammed in sounds. The lead appears more than halfway through in the form of a chopped up synth and then vanishes and doesn't return. Not bad, but nothing that makes me want to put this beer down.

Good Bye Goa (Jiser Remix)- Juan Carlos tackles a Thorsten track. Actually, I think it tackled him because it wasn't very impressive. How would I describe this...you ever have one of those ideas that seemed really good at the time, but didn't turn out how you thought it would?

Posted Image

Yeah, like that.

Clone Baby- Christian Merkis recently reviewed his 2nd studio album The Pursuit of Happiness. It wasn't bad at all but he is probably still searching. I know I am because this was a thin slice of vanilla. Nothing at all stood out, it just...went. He tries for a recovery at the end with a bright melody, but too little too late homie.

Dirty Santa (Elecdruids Remix)-

"Who would even like those tracks?"

That is a great question. Ok, so now Phillip Schweitzer will attempt a Klopfgeister remix with the same boring results only he trumps the other remix? How...well, for starters the track is over 9 minutes. 2nd, there are samples promoting Thorsten's slower, club project and picking on the name. Remind this guy that this is dance music...I'm going to take a leak.

Posted Image

Sorry kitty!

Good Bye Goa (Suduaya Remix)- Newcomer Suduaya is the latest to try and remix a Klopf...really, almost 10 minutes? You know bigger isn't always better. Ask this guy...

Posted Image

Holy sh*t. Right about here...yep, that's where I would've crapped myself.

Suduaya released his debut Dreaming Sun this year and I am really interested in hearing it. He gives this track the spacey pad treatment. Throws a little breakbeat your way and gets all angelic choir on your ass. The melodies are quite airy with pretty good breaks. Not bad at all. If this was a streetfight and we were to compare Good Bye Goa remixes, well Juan Carlos...

Posted Image

Yeah, you're Joey. Night-night!

Apollo- This is the perfect non-commital track. Not a lot happening and no risks taken. It won't be remembered not because it was terrible because it wasn't, but like that blind date your mother insisted you go on to get you out of her house you just know that this isn't the girl for you.

"No Mom! I can do it myself!!!"

So...that was great yeah? Man it was really good seeing you. We should totally do this again.

*Hops on one leg as puts pants on and looks around for keys*

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll call you.

*Pokes head back in the door*

Of course I respect you...you're wonderful...you. Can we do this another time, I've got a....thing. You know how it is.

http://www.psyshop.c.../inm1cd049.html

http://www.beatspace...ity/detail.aspx

http://www.goastore....roducts_id=4541

Mdk