Creamcrop Records

GagaISM

I just finished my Creamcrop CD collection and what better reason to start a thread dedicated to them? I personally feel that Creamcrop was one of the - very - few labels that managed to take Trance into the next millennium without loosing the "psychedelic" aspect of the music. Process, Paps, Yumade, Hux Flux... Some of the most twisted and intelligent Psy you'll ever hear. No cheesy borderline House elements or half-baked attempts to revive the sounds of yesterday. Forward thinking and positivistic yet pure. It's a shame that they ended up closing doors so soon. They could have been a healthy counterbalance to the "controlled" and "slick" sound of Iboga. Danish Progressive's crazy cousin. Yet somehow they're still here materialized in plastic and with a perfect legacy to boot. Rest In Players around the world.

Any other crazy trancers who loved/followed this label back in the day? :)

Posted Image

I only have the Alienated album by them which tbh I don't like it that much,

That's the only Creamcrop release I haven't listened to properly yet. I can see that some people have complained about the mastering. I'd advice you the check out the two comps called Liquid Levels and foldedView. Doesn't get much better than that if you're into stuff like early Hux Flux and Process.

That's the only Creamcrop release I haven't listened to properly yet. I can see that some people have complained about the mastering. I'd advice you the check out the two comps called Liquid Levels and foldedView. Doesn't get much better than that if you're into stuff like early Hux Flux and Process.

It's not the mastering, it's that it's a bit boring for my taste, Sure it's dark and techy, but none of the tracks kept my interest.

• 1 month later...

creamcrop alwase held a special part in my heart.

i still remember the first timei heard 'Folded View',after the first

track i knew,this is realy futuristic stuff compared to what i was exposed back then.

<--- still creamcropin'g happily till this day :)

there are some valid releases on creamcrop...

paps, magus, orichalchum, process, alienated.. i only don't like yumade but that's taste!

• 2 weeks later...

Another dedicated Creamcroper right here!

They further propelled the V/A Black Rhino, V/A Air Born and Hux Flux twisted FX sound which I adooooooored in psy trance.

All of their CDs are at least very good and incredibly detailed and psychedelic.

As far as my psy collection goes, it is quite probably the label with the most obvious replay value. Due to a lack of standard melody-climax-build-break old school orientated structure, much of the label's output is very unpredictable and challenging.

Not the kind of stuff which you will get immediately hooked to because you've just heard a killer lead, or a rabid acid line, but more elaborate and erratic, discordant patterns progressively arise and tease the listener throughout. I love it!

Defnitely not a label for newcomers, but if you listen carefully, you will eventually be rewared ten fold. At least I was.

The Process album is still light years ahead of most stuff coming out today!

• 1 year later...