Artifact303 - Back to Space

exotic

Folks,

I have heard quite a bit of Goa in my life, got into it with some of the neo goa stuff posted here after joining Psynews , explored the old albums through the reviews posted here , basically kept exploring till i stumbled upon that perfect blend of the heavy sound that i enjoy with an uplifting euphoric atmosphere. I still couldn't arrive at what i exactly was looking for but there were some very cool albums along the way that really enjoyed. Filteria came very close but there was too much of everything packed too tightly to enjoy that euphoric madness.

FF Circa . 2011: Artifact303 - Back to Space is the blend that i had been looking for since i started my search and i cannot overemphasize the importance of this album which for me personally is a landmark and the high point of the neo Goa movement. It has the characteristics of all round magnum opus capturing the perfect mood of melodic Goa mixed with a bit of that heavy full on sound (perfect ear candy ) giving that feeling of travelling "beyond light speed" in hyper space ;) , something that a lot of Goa /neo goa releases lack. Correct me if i am wrong , this is also an opportunity to get some suggestions for albums with this sound that i might have missed.

I haven't seen too much praise for this outstanding piece of work so i thought i'll make a post with what i feel about one of the best journeys i have experienced as a trance listener. There isn't anything that comes close to the sort of "mood" this album gets me into, a deep introspection mixed with hope and optimism while marveling at how beautiful music can change ones thought patterns , filling me with enthusiasm and energy. I always maintained that only dark music with a melodic hint (Deja Vu Fabrique is another album that i tripped my balls of to and there had been nothing since then that gave me these feelings) would fit the bill of this "mood" that i speak of but i couldn't be more wrong. The first thing i do is play this at full blast before heading out to work to keep me motivated the entire day. This is my happy hardcore Goa at its ultimate best.

Thank you Artifact303 and Suntrip records for delivering this bundle of joy that i will cherish for a long time to come.

Hi exotic,

quite a beautiful experience you wrote down there.

I know exactly what you are talking about. The deep basslines, warmth, uplifting melodies, crisp production... it's all on this album.

It's also my favorite new Goa album of all times.

Also look out for E-Mantra's Pathfinder on Suntrip soon (I'm sure you know). Quite the contestor for best album of the year for me. http://www.suntripre...se/cat/SUNCD23/

Cheers!

Indeed a beautiful album, warm is a word that crops up consistently when trying to sum this album up, there is such a comfortable atmosphere. I sometimes wish it contained a few huge melodies to blow the cobwebs away however, like MWNN - teleport etc.

Thank you Artifact303 and Suntrip records for delivering this bundle of joy that i will cherish for a long time to come.

Thank you too for your support, it was a nice read.

I am happy that my music with the mood it creates, touches you and others. That is what's all about, to feel good while listening to it and maybe feel somewhere else like in a Better World. :)

Mars: Yes, it is one of the best albums you released!!...

i totally agree.top quality music and released at a time when i was starting to almost get sound-depressed over so much crap trance been released these days

I completely agree, the best goa album released this year for me. Magnetic Fields and Beyond Lightspeed belong to my favourite tracks of all time!

I have now listened tens of times to the whole album and it's even getting better.

I've been in "mainstream" trance for more than 10 years and while I have spotted several nineties Goa trance tunes,

the light side of trance got me first with Rank 1, Armin Van Buuren, etc ... at the end of the nineties. This shit was good.

The emotions, clever melodies, and warmth of the tunes was really my thing. Until 2008. Then the power was gone.

Same production, same presets, same structure... not interesting anymore.

Now I realize that the best normal trance tunes were made in the first half decade of 2000. And when I listen to these songs,

they do not sound outdated at all. And there's a reason for that: "Nostalgia".

Tracks you have loads of good memories about, will remain to touch your emotions.

I have, however, no nostalgia feeling for Goa Trance from the nineties. So I can't compare current Goa to old Goa. Yet, my Goa times start now! That's for sure.

Thanks to artists like Artifact303, I finally get the music I've always wanted. Back To Space is at the moment my top ranked album.

There are melodies, hence the tracks take you on a true journey, one by one.

Trance is mostly energy to me. The whole album is full of high energy. Feel good.

The production is so perfect and all sounds merge into each other like crazy. Perfection.

Here a few thoughts on my favorite tracks

1. Beyond Lightspeed

The track blasts off from the start. But please, agree with me, the climatic fantasy moment comes in at 5m17s. True hyperspaced stuff here. The best. Boom!

2. For A Better World

Trance with balls here. If I didn't know any better, I would say this is the perfect cross-over between trance and goa trance. Very effective.

3. Magnetic Fields

What an album opener! Intro is perfectly chosen and after the snaredrum comes the everlasting thundering lightbolt of a beat. Aaaahh, BEATS... they're back! Fuck yeah.

Blow those frikking speakers dammit.

4. Mysterious Fantasy

When I heard the album samples on the Suntrip site, this was my track. My favorite. Why? Psychedelica. In a pure form. Acidic from start to end. If that doesn't hypnotize you, I don't know. Really. Sweet tasting Acid!

5. Delirium

Took me a while to get this one. Last track of an album is either ambient, or a blaster. I couldn't find out what Delirium was.

Then I closed my eyes on my daily trainride and there it was! Delirium sucked me right in. I thought I was listening to some random Goa tune until I saw my mp3 player display: Delirium.

Shit, this is my man Artifact? Holy fuck, he just brainwashed me. This track is like a black hole sucking you right in. The fine voice of the lady does wonders as well.

It all fits so nicely. Dreamy!!

6. Trancemission

The start of Transmission is difficult. A bit of chunky, not enough energy to go full power. Some arps, nice, but only nice. Then the deep bassline. Mmm, a dark one here?

Then after two minutes, this gem turns to a floaty number. Ahaaa, back into space!

But then: at 4m33s the divine break and at 4m47s we finally made it: SPACE. Soothing, warm pads, perfect mind stuff. A difficult start, but once you're in, you wanna stay.

Thanks to Artifact303 and all other artists for making the music I was born to listen to.

Yihaa! :D

I just ordered a copy of that album after reading all the praise here and also after my mate recommended it to me. The samples sound indeed very promising and I can't wait to give the album a full listen.

A couple days ago I was checking out various releases, starting to put together a big list to buy, and finally got around to listening to all the samples of this album. I really wanted to want it, I've liked other Artifact303 that I've heard before, but I found it much too fluffy. Too emotional. I'm not saying it wasn't good, just too over the top with the 'morning' sound.

Maybe I'm just more in the mood for darker, more techy stuff at the moment. I'll give it a shot again next time around.

• 1 month later...

I just ordered a copy of that album after reading all the praise here and also after my mate recommended it to me. The samples sound indeed very promising and I can't wait to give the album a full listen.

I must check this out. Not bought much trance for a while and I want it to be great when I do.

Me too, I think some samples I initially heard actually put me of, and I forgot about it...

A couple days ago I was checking out various releases, starting to put together a big list to buy, and finally got around to listening to all the samples of this album. I really wanted to want it, I've liked other Artifact303 that I've heard before, but I found it much too fluffy. Too emotional. I'm not saying it wasn't good, just too over the top with the 'morning' sound.

Maybe I'm just more in the mood for darker, more techy stuff at the moment. I'll give it a shot again next time around.

So anyone got around to listen to this or give it a second shot?

No, I had to cancel my order to saiko sounds (including this) when I remembered just how much I had put on my credit card. It's not going to get bought in December either as you can imagine.

Damn Christmas!

Yes, I got the album. I just give it a listen once since I was not in the mood for banging trance lately. Still, I can say I like it. Think I will bring it to work and listen to it more closely so I can give a real (short) review.

• 3 months later...

What a cracking album. Pops your ears open with waves of positivity.

I haven't posted here for years, but I felt that I just had to praise this one - almost a democratic obligation given the number of people searching erringly for decent goa :)