Posted Image

Artist: Timeless

Title: The Journey EP

Label: Iono Music

Date: August, 2011

1. The Journey

2. Freedom

3. Night & Day - Timeless feat. Nitrodrop

Iono Music is the top of the mountain when it comes to progressive trance. You know it, I know it, and that lady down the street with like 42 cats knows it. Their style is massive and melodic with a drifting quality that lends itself to storytelling. Sure I'm a fanboy, but when you consistently put out music of superior quality what do you want? This is a project from Israel that I don't have much experience with, but this label has earned some credit from me. Besides, the cover is f*cking awesome.

The Journey- "What of your journey?"

"A spy of sorts. I track a creature...small in size, yet cunning"

"I have seen new breeds of Orc, but they grow larger and stronger, not smaller"

"This is no Orc. It's tracks are like those of a Hobbit. It must not fall into the wrong hands."

"This may be of no use but...I have heard rumours, whisperings of a nameless fear. In the outlying villages they speak of a ghost that drinks blood, a horror that lurks in the trees."

That and more samples are from the unofficial fan made prequel to Lord of the Rings for the grand total of $5,000.

Posted Image

Really? That's it? Couldn't get Daddy's law firm to pony up a few more sheckles? I've seen girl scouts strongarm more coin from pushing those damn cookies. You would think a film made for that amount would've sucked donkey balls, but apparently it appealed to more than the never kissed a girl dorks that still live at home in Mom's basement.

Posted Image

Ah yeah, there he goes. It has over 10 million views and last I checked there aren't that many 40 year old virgins. But I haven't been to ComicCon yet, so the numbers are a bit fuzzy. You can find it on YouTube, but I didn't watch it...too lazy. The track itself plods along with echoing effects and reverberating synths, just like you would expect from Iono artists. It's dark and doesn't have many surprises, but the samples work so well, that I enjoyed it anyway.

Freedom- "Lost in oblivion. Dark, silent, incomplete."

Warped bass hums like computerized machinery with more great effects to set the mood. Once again it is dark and mysterious as a very familiar lead melody snakes its way across the sky. There are loads of layers with a very textured break that seems to breathe with life. Drifting and dreamy just the way I like it.

Night & Day- Another galloping track but what sets it apart is the breakbeat style in the middle with the mind rattling synth and kick. When the shiny melody , ummm..shines over top it fits in nicely.

Posted Image

I know, I didn't understand f*ck all what the Rastafarian said, but I don't speak weed. At least, not anymore. Why, you got some? It's kind of a reserved progressive track with all the glorious touches that make Iono music great.

This label keeps on delivering the goods for my money. Wide open, storytelling progressive trance the just takes me away.

http://www.beatport.com/release/the-journey-e-p/445394

Mdk