Artist: Time In Motion & Flexus

Title: Smooth Vibrations EP

Label: Iono Music

Date: September, 2011

1. Smooth Vibrations

2. Moonwalk

3. Lakrids

Posted Image

Now this is an interesting one. First off, Iono Music = quality progressive trance of the highest order. That's not even up for debate so I knew I was going to buy it. Sure I've never heard of these 2 projects, but what I don't know could fill a Wal Mart. Time in Motion are Thomas & Leslie Cowan from Denmark who apparently lost their studio. The little bio doesn't say how, but I'm sure it was due to a big night of binge drinking. They simply forgot where it was. I mean, what else could it be? ;)

Anyway, they come across DJ Flexus (Stefan Göransson) and a new collaboration is born. Another interesting fact is that these brothers come from the heavy metal scene and now make progressive trance. That must have been some party to make them tone it down. Or some really incredible weed.

Smooth Vibrations- The Beach Boys wish they could be this smooth. Synths with slow attack rates and whooshes open things up as twinkling leads sprinkle over a simple bass line. It's a very full track with no empty space that flows effortlessly. The sounds are so clear you could reach out and touch them. Superb.

Moonwalk- Wow, so much here. The effects really open things up with shimmering sounds. Firmly planted in the Iono style I find myself wondering where the time went. When the break arrives it sets the stage for the next step with dreamy pads and a change in time signature. It's like when you hang out with your best friend...it just feels right. Lots of changes in direction here.

Lakrids- "In a special kind of space..."

That word...I do not think it means what you think it means. I have no idea what that word means. But it could signify drifting on sound waves. Cause that's what happens here. More layers with leads that climb and dive with ease. It's full of sunbeams and just like R. Kelly in the presence of a fifth grade class of schoolgirls pick up your bottles of Lipton Green Tea and shimmy shake!

Posted Image

How they made the jump from heavy metal to this laid back style is beyond me. But I'm not complaining. It really is a smooth EP that invites you to dive into its deep waters. Progressive trance that caresses and revels in the sunshine. No darkness here, just pleasant vibes. Recommended.

http://www.beatport....ions-e-p/652054

Mdk