Artist:: Dirty Motion
Title: Chaos Before Order EP
Label: Disasterpeace Records
Date: September, 2011

1. Chaos Before Order
2. Just Another Freak
3. Smoking
4. Underdog

I'm not an adrenaline junkie. I mean, I like excitement, but I'm not willing to you know...die for it.

Seen this sh*t?

jL8nLvH.gif

Takes some serious stones to jump off a mountain with nothing but a batman cape. I would love to do that. Can you imagine the views you would get? You go to some party and listen to some blowhard talk about all the places he's been, showing his photos. He looks to you with a condescending smile and asks what have you done. Taking a sip of wine, you smile and say, "Oh not much...but last week I jumped off the Matterhorn with no parachute just to see if I could. Oh, I'm sorry were these ladies with you?"

Game. Set. Match.

Which brings me to this release. Hiyarant & Frozen Ghost have been bangin' since 2007. Their album Dirt E Motion was a thick slice of delicious twilight psytrance. This is more of the same intense, driving, ass wriggling style that makes South African psy so good. There are lots of sounds which make the tracks very heavy to listen to becoming a wall of sound at times. Its groovy and melodic at the same time all while keeping it dark and detuned.

Chaos Before Order opens up with in your face rhythms and unrelenting leads. Had me checking to see if they knocked out any of my chicklets.

Just Another Freak is full of Looney Toon samples. Might as well be looking in the window of your neighborhood sanitarium. But like they always do the track is laden with acid tongue lashings and involuntary dancing.

w02ywN8.gif

Gettin crazy in el barrio!

Smoking- F*cking groove factor is way the hell past eleven as acid flies with more reckless abandon than angry monkeys having a poo fight. More detuned craziness that will rock the floor.

Underdog- Man this is like getting backed over by a freight truck! They have this ability to create danceable rhythms with well placed synth phrases. The bass line is a rumbler and they strangle the last gasps out of the leads. It's a hammer.

If you like twilight psy drenched in the insane South African style then this is definitely for you. Sure it's over $7, but you were just gonna get high anyway. Pumping and nut-kicking good psy that can be summed up by this.

b51dDRo.gif

"Ooooh, Skazi you got knocked the f*ck out!"

http://www.beatport....re-order/441157

Mdk