Board updated to a new version

RTP

Hello folks,

first of all sorry that I have not made the news bigger in advance to make you prepared a little, but I was kind of underestimating the relatively big visual impact this was going to bring.

Anyway...

We have upgraded our board to a newer version and are now running InVision PowerBoard 3.2.2!

You might have noticed that the layout has changed quite a bit. Probably some might find the new one better/worse ... I confess that I don't like it at all ... but either way, it won't be changed that soon for now because there are other things to do first. For the users of the dark skin I have to say sorry for the hurts in the eyes, because you'll probably see the default skin now, like me. Please have a bit of patience until we find a way to sort this out.

Second thing are the avatars. Yes, they don't look good, I know. It seems to have taken not the pics we used at posting, but the profile avatar.

The only thing that's not bad about it is that it seems to affect all of us alike. So please be so kind and change your profile pic to something new and awesome yourself if you feel the current one is not good.

If there's any bugs, strange happenings, incompatibilities, insecurities with the new look and feel and options that you might now have, please feel free to comment and post here. You may also give feedback when you not like something ;)

Other than that, welcome to our new board. Let's get acquainted!

I made a bit more modern logo for this board (.png) and it should blend nice with darkblue background and font won't go over the little blue stripe. I used this skin colour palette. Here is a preview and download link so feel free to use it if you like it.

Posted Image

Download .psd file here: http://www.mediafire.com/?flwj4f5dzuawt46

Cheers

I made a bit more modern logo for this board (.png) and it should blend nice with darkblue background and font won't go over the little blue stripe. I used this skin colour palette. Here is a preview and download link so feel free to use it if you like it.

Posted Image

Download .psd file here: http://www.mediafire...flwj4f5dzuawt46

Cheers

Wow! I like that one alot. Very classy!

We might just use that. Thanks! :)

Posted Image

Cheers

Nice!

The default theme is really resource heavy. Scrolling is very laggy. Running 1920x1200 w/ P2 965 3.6ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz and GTX 460, so I highly doubt it's a problem on my end. "Psynews" is fine though, almost the same as the old one performance-wise.

Text size codes are different from the old one, now we go up to flipping 24 instead of what was it, 6? Seems like it's now same as word and other apps like that.

Posted Image

Cheers

Tip: Honestly, any glow looks quite bad when it's left at 100%, lower to 50% or less and it looks much nicer. Anyway I thought the glow could go so I took the liberty of just removing it, looks nicer now.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/ReiskaVersum/Extra/psynews_logo.png

The default theme is really resource heavy. Scrolling is very laggy. Running 1920x1200 w/ P2 965 3.6ghz, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz and GTX 460, so I highly doubt it's a problem on my end. "Psynews" is fine though, almost the same as the old one performance-wise.

I don't notice any lag while scrolling. Infact, it's really smooth.

Thank you for the feedback, guys! I really appreciate it.

Also, thanks very much to Richpa for the new logo. I like it a lot, the current one has gotten dusty and doesn't go well with the colors anymore. I'll see if I can use the new one (or Penzoline's version of it, if I may)...

(edit: logo updated; I chose Penzoline's version because it's in .png format and I could instantly use it :D )

I don't notice any lag while scrolling. Infact, it's really smooth.

Same here, it runs very smooth. What browser are you using, Penzoline?

Tip: Honestly, any glow looks quite bad when it's left at 100%, lower to 50% or less and it looks much nicer. Anyway I thought the glow could go so I took the liberty of just removing it, looks nicer now.

http://i38.photobuck...synews_logo.png

Yup, looks nice now, that's why I added .psd file for download so you can adjust it as you like/prefer.

Thank you for the feedback, guys! I really appreciate it.

Also, thanks very much to Richpa for the new logo. I like it a lot, the current one has gotten dusty and doesn't go well with the colors anymore. I'll see if I can use the new one (or Penzoline's version of it, if I may)...

(edit: logo updated; I chose Penzoline's version because it's in .png format and I could instantly use it :D )

Same here, it runs very smooth. What browser are you using, Penzoline?

Firefox 3.6.23

Edit: Apparently if you click on a posted image it will bring it foreground, that's quite useless for a board of this nature.

I think it's too bright. It's beautiful, but I am one of those whose eyes can't get much brigthness, not even at home. But that's ok. One thing that I think you should bring back is the option to go to pages (1, 2, 3...) in the bottom of the first page. Now after you finish reading all the posts at such page, you have to go all the way to the top to move to the next page. It doesn't make much sense.