New Battle of the Future Buddhas album

Here is a 14 track digital release by Battle of the Future Buddhas. http://battlebuddhas.bandcamp.com/album/digging-mud

Digging Mud as the album is called, is a collection of unreleased (with the exception of Filoti) or promo tracks, mixes and different versions of old tracks, all from the pre-Twin Sharkfins era. Now mastered and remastered. The kick drum will still be low or muffled, but hey, that's the way it sounded back in 1995-96.

If anyone want to review this release I'll naturally offer a free download. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not printing a CD only to sell 12 copies and having the music available on russian torrent sites after a few days of the release...

Exactly.

Imo CD-r is a good alternative choice for people who want to have it a physical release , i think that nowadays it's just not worth the price of pressing cd's ,

not many people actually care about physical releases (except the collectors).

CDr could be made quit professionally looking using special cdr media and made in a pressing factory, they are way cheaper than pressed CD.

In any case the torrent thing will happen anyway no matter what, download only, CDr or proper CD. But there are ways of fighting it and releases can be removed from that famous site. I did it with Mind Rewind

boom!

Hm I remember an old interview of BotfB where there was a question about piracy and the reply was that it's no problem for the schlabb guys because this way more people get to know their music.

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/37572-artist-battle-of-the-future-buddhas/

Anyway, so what do you think about the mp3/FTP-scene ?

A: Its basically the same as the DAT copying scene that existed before, and still exist but is not as big. People have always been swapping music, now its just on a bigger scale. I dont care if people copy our music as long as they dont try and sell it, that pisses me off. If more people hear our music its better cause maybe we get a live gig or I get a DJ-gig or whatever.

Q: Is all the copying killing Goa-labels, or not ?

A: I'm not the right person to answer that, I dont know much about the sales at the moment... And I dont care much about labels, the individual artists are more important and they have to be payed!

Don't know if something has changed in the way they see it today :)

• Like 1

"I dont care if people copy our music as long as they dont try and sell it, that pisses me off. If more people hear our music its better cause maybe we get a live gig or I get a DJ-gig or whatever."

I'm still thoroughly pissed off with the fact that many torrent sites ask for donations... and I've said on the facebook group that if you download the music "for free" you have to organize a party for us to play at. :)

It's also rather depressing to see 500 visits on bandcamp from Russia, but only sell 1 download there... and then add the torrent sites and you get a bitter musician.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...