Artist: Iron Lotus

Title: Architect of Impact EP

Label: MMD Reocrds

Date: May, 2011

1. Architect of Impact

2. Sacrifix

3. Nocturno Militant

4. Chaotic Supremacy

Do you think that today's psytrance is getting a little...I dunno...stale?

Posted Image

Well wake up mother f*cker because I have just the remedy!

South African psytrance continues to be the gold standard for me in our little corner of the music world. It's super high energy, groovy and melodic whilst keeping a healthy distance from the gruyere. Labels like Timecode, Nexus Media and MMD supply me with a healthy dose of that which makes my ass move. This is Dani Filth (it cannot be confirmed if that is his real name...and by that I mean I looked for a minute or two on the interwebz and then got bored) and I don't think this is what he had in mind when he chose the name of the project.

Posted Image

Architect of Impact- "Turn our wolrd into Hell's playground."

Aggressive and intense, this is some wild stuff. Leads fire everywhere and there is no cover to be had.

Posted Image

Yeah, punch a horse in the face good. Acid is flung around like angry monkey poo. Look at him...he is daring you to stick him with that needle again. Don't do it dude. Don't do it...unless you're looking for a sh*t sandwich. It's crazy insane in the Frozen Ghost mold and has a Talpa like break that speaks of secret societies. Great way to open!

Sacrafix- "It's important that we talk to you...do you recognize this creature?"

More heavy beats churning like the fires in hell and it ain't long before that monkey is back. Damn monkey holds a grudge. It continues down the dark path with horror samples, but stays far from being played out. Powerful to say the least. If Iron Lotus is a sprinter than the little white girl is your grandma's psytrance

Posted Image

Move B*tch, get out the way!

Nocturno Militant- "I'm having these dreams. I'm scared."

Posted Image

Release the mother f*cking Kraken. The beast is loose and it's hell bent on destruction. Super groovy with growing intensity right until a break with an evil sample that tells a frightened young lady she has...and I quote...nothing to worry about. Riiiiiiiiiight. The next break has eerie supernatural choirs and then an explosion of acid. There is a buildup, but it's short and well done. Love the pace and I think this one is my favorite.

Chaotic Supremacy- Man this is good. Good like Six Flags good. Where the f*ck is my old n****?

Posted Image

*puts finger to ear to receive communicae*

What's that? Oh...I did? When did I..? Oh....yikes.

I'm being told that I need to apologize for my use of the n-word and that I meant no disrespect. What? F*ck, well you tell Al Sharpton to kiss my ass, fat wavy haired mother f*cker....

*puts finger to ear again*

*Sighs and reads in a monotone robotic voice*

I am truly sorry for offending fat wavy haired mother f*ckers and in no way, shape or form mean to demean their weight or waviness of their hair. I am striving to better myself and be a good example blah, blah, blah.

Bottom line, you cannot go wrong with this EP. Not possible. It is intensely melodic, hyper groovy, and a welcome edition to anyone's twilight music collection.

Beatport

Juno Download

Mdk