Posted Image

Artist: The Riddler

Title: Behind The Curtain EP

Label: TesseracT Studio

Date: July, 2011

1. Behind the Curtain

2. Confession

3. Stinky Boy

The Riddler is Goran Juric who at one time was Talpa. Well, I suppose he still is Talpa, but he has reinvented himself as the funky progressive house master. Whereas his psytrance stuff was thematic and cinematic, his new music gets the asses wigglin' and the girlies a gigglin'. He released an album called (Questions check it out if you like to see Katy Perry's boobs in slow motion and why wouldn't you.) that pretty much answered any I might have had about the state of his music. He also has 4 EP's to his credit reviews of which can be found here and here. I have loved everything he has thrown my way so it goes without saying I cannot wait to see what is behind the curtain.

Behind the Curtain- Goran picks up where he left off bringing a fat bass groove to the table. He's got his now signature eerie sounds and effects that compliment the beat so well. Excuse me whilst I...ahem...get low.

Posted Image

Holy crap, did you see that? Did you f*cking see that? It's like to pigs fighting under a pillow case!

Nice percussive elements pepper the track making for a nice intro. Keep it going sir!

Confession- Chopped up strings form the melody line and then he gets claptastic with the beat. Then with a nice little nod towards the beaches of goa, a new synth dances like nobody's watching. It sounds great with just the right amount of echo giving it depth. The large strings give it an ominous tone and the whole thing has an underground feel.

Posted Image

What happens after dark at the nursing home stays at the nursing home.

Stinky Boy- Clunky. Didn't think I would ever describe a beat like this, but with the hi-hats I feel like busting out with a YMCA chant. Sure enough he's back with a funky bass groove. It's like King Midas up in here. The way he twists those synths he takes the funkmeter up to 11.

Posted Image

Ain't seen that much poppin' and lockin' since Rerun in What's Happening.

It's a short track, but he squeezes the most out of it to provide a nice house experience. It's really shuffletastic!

Another winner. This guy has the goods and if you enjoy funky music that makes you want to shake a tailfeather, then climb aboard. Recommended.

Psyshop

Mdk