Re-evaluation of older psy releases

GagaISM

Now, when I hear my old albums, I wish I would have paid more attention (and bought) more tech-trance stuff. I am now totally immersed in the magnificent "Fast Forward" track by Spirallianz, I keep listening to it again and again when I am working out or just walking around.

But the CDs that I really think that aged well are the psy-ambient ones, especially the Blue Room Release ones.

The ones that aged not that good? IM and GMS.

The ones that aged not that good? IM and GMS.

I think I after thorough consideration agree on GMS. I'm listening to Chaos Laboratory right as I'm writing this, and while it isn't bad by any means, it - to me - no longer holds the same magic it once did. Acts like Koxbox on the other hand seem to age like fine wine.

Two more!

http://www.discogs.com/label/Karelia+Records

http://www.discogs.com/label/Tod+Aquarium

The 2nd is not a label I've ever heard anything about, good or bad but I really enjoyed the tracks I've heard on Utube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MiZchm38lk

i totally agree on GMS getting old soon. astral projection stuff (despite being the reason i got into goa trance) also becomes boring with repeated listening (still, AP tracks need a lot more repeating than GMS ;) ). koxbox and imho also filteria definitely become better, the more you listen to them.

I used to love AP and they are one of the artists that got me in to goa, BUT I can't stand their music nowadays for some reason. The only track I ever want to maybe hear again is Ambience. The rest of it honestly just gives me a headache. It seems like it's just trying way too hard with the constant melodies and loud thudding kick.

It's just really strange that I actually find it to be annoying now, when I used to enjoy it so much. :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

I finally figured out what was bugging me about older Growling Mad Scientists (the only GMS I know). It's the basslines/kick. they have that typical Goa thing going on. While that's cool when you have loads of synths on top it feels a little stale for this kind of stuff. I think that's why X-Dream's Radio and Hux Flux's Cryptic Crunch both stand out as so much better to me today. They have those rolling and ultra funky basslines (16th note?).

There was a point where I couldn't listen to most of psykovski's and texas faggott.

By now I've listened to a lot of texas faggott(with the exeption of their first album which i still dont care for) and well psykovski has some killer tracks too.

Hellove ja wohl yo is mystical beyond comprehension . :)

I recently "got" Koxbox' Dragon Tales. While I could see what people liked about their first, I just couldn't figure out Dragon Tales. Now, it opened up to me in all it's complexity, and I really have to agree that it's one of the best crafted psychedelic albums out there.

• 1 month later...

planet ben - silver

i alwase had a hard time digesting it,a few years ago

i poped it in,and bam,everything connected,the wether,the energy

one album that did not age well for my taste is the parasense album 'apple'

and i used to love it back in the day.