Psychedelic Drum and Bass

CyclotronMajesty

I just found (for myself) Cybernetika - Colossus and Atropos Albums on Ektoplasm : http://www.ektoplazm.com/style/psydnb

I haven't heard shit this good since Digitalis. But even Digitalis wasn't this full on like this, much more laid back. I think this stuff is defiantly an underdeveloped genre. I used to listen to DnB mixes. But most of the DnB I found was annoying MC crap like Aphrodite or Andy C. Just boring flat poppy jingles. DnB appears to offer a massive window of creativity in terms of beats... but for some reason it was watered down to candy raver teenage girl quality and just got stuck there, and died.

I'm looking for more of this Psychedelic DnB. More like Cybernetika.

... being fully aware of the fact that there may be nothing like Cybernetika...

And don't talk about Violet Vision, I dunno what happened to those ... people. But their first album was so promising. Only to come out sounding like some Wanabe Infected Mushroom breakbeat. Maybe their mom ate them.

Deviant Electronics - Blunt Instruments from 2000 is the mother and father of all psybreaks imo.

Also check Psyknights - A Faint Light From The Dark from 2006.

VA - Broken 2004 release by Timecode Records I think is a forgotten gem.

Orzels Machine on http://www.trickmusic.co.uk/#78f/custom_plain is also nice.

These are the ones I can think of. Nothing really new except from Orzels Machine which is a little sad. Would like alot more of this style released.

It is so sad that so much of what people think is DnB comes from the likes of Aphodite.

99.9% of DnB was never released on anything but white-label, small-release vinyl unfortunately so unless you went to a rave where dedicated DJ's were spinning you won't know how good it can be.

Cybernetica is definitely not the best DnB, but he isn't crap either so it sounds like a revolution to the majority of listeners.

I wish someone would collect all those great DnB classics and release them digitally so that they won't fade into obscurity in a bin of dusty, scratched vinyl.

• 3 months later...

It is so sad that so much of what people think is DnB comes from the likes of Aphodite.

99.9% of DnB was never released on anything but white-label, small-release vinyl unfortunately so unless you went to a rave where dedicated DJ's were spinning you won't know how good it can be.

Cybernetica is definitely not the best DnB, but he isn't crap either so it sounds like a revolution to the majority of listeners.

I wish someone would collect all those great DnB classics and release them digitally so that they won't fade into obscurity in a bin of dusty, scratched vinyl.

edrush n optical/omni trio/domnroland/capone/grooveridah/ramtrilogy/guardians of dalliance/ezrollerz/total science/accidental heroes/moving fusion/rsize/boomerang/carlito&addiction/hype/LTJB all the way...still have 'em on cd format for archive purposes.

Well sounds stange , what they envolve into next time ? Psychedelic house music or Psychedelic rap

So you're saying styles like Psybreaks and Psytechno are a complete waste of megabytes and gigabytes? Might aswell ban Psytrance for the lulz. Get rid of the root of it all.

So you're saying styles like Psybreaks and Psytechno are a complete waste of megabytes and gigabytes? Might aswell ban Psytrance for the lulz. Get rid of the root of it all.

I think what AlieNed means by 'strange' is that it isn't all that psychedelic, that perhaps it's evolved too far to be considered psy in character.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQgVeiMEz3s

I think what AlieNed means by 'strange' is that it isn't all that psychedelic, that perhaps it's evolved too far to be considered psy in character.

Don't think there is any better out there than Cybernetika for psy-dnb, but hey that track that I posted was very close actually. I'm still waiting for the next Darkpsy-influenced Darkstep track to come out yet, someone make it happen!