2 Fallen Idols

3 Puls (rmx) (Feat. Spinnley Lainey)

4 Fun Gun

5 Reanimation

6 Pusher

7 Orison

8 Dum Spiro, Spero

9 Submersion

My kitchen floors were filthy. Just filthy.

You know with a kid it's a f*cking obstacle course. Toys all over the place and dropped food that's been there for who knows how long. Not to mention I have a large dog that drools more than, well...this guy.

Posted Image

"Mmmmm....gummy Venus De Milo..."

So back to the floors, I waxed them with pledge. Ever do that? Sparkling and shiny clean. There is one downside though...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

but that f*cking shine...that shine. You could eat off it, I'm telling ya.

So here we go with a release by the awesome TesseracT Studio label that has been kicking ass and taking names in the progressive genre. Zyce & Flegma are Nikola Kozić and Dalibor Delic from Serbia who have been some of the busiest bees you will ever see. They both do progressive trance in the multi-layered fashion and are also Ectima who has two releases to its credit. Some progressive is just beat oriented and forget about the melodies. Not these guys. If you like your progressive with loads of layers and a beat that is pumping, then this is for you. Hard to get photos of these two as they are pretty reclusive, but our crack team of paparazzi was able to get this image of the duo performing at the Levi Leibowitz batmitzvah last week.

Posted Image

good work team.

Snapshot- "The good news Terrance is that I'll ok you to full duty."

I'm sure Terrance appreciates that. The world has gotten itself into a big old mess and he's got bills to pay. This is the smooth progressive vibes that I've come to expect from these two artists. Crystal clear sounds and sparkling melodies that take their time. They intertwine very well sparkling with their filtered Sunday best. The break is fleece soft as the track bounces along. Oh dear, I think this will go down nicely. Nicely indeed.

Fallen Idol- More of that sleek sound with deep bass sweeps, whooshes and shimmering melodies. This is more subdued and why wouldn't it be? Can't shoot your load early on a 10 minute track. So think of it as marinating. Yeah I know you want to cook it now you hungry bastard, but think of how good the flavor will be if you have patience. And your patience will be rewarded as they bring the heartfelt melodies to make you smile. It is a long churner that floats along with sunshine as your co-pilot. Yummy.

Puls (RMX)- Did Raja barge in on another recording session demanding he play the flute on this track? He's always doing that. The synths echo and sparkle like chrome in the sunshine as the flute gets the chopping block treatment. Very lush and detailed. I liked this one a lot. It had a peace about it.

Fun Gun-

1st 4 minutes Posted Image

2nd minutes waaaaaaay better. More interesting leads and a nice break.

Reanimation- Have you heard machine gun bass before? Me too, and I grow weary of tracks being built around it. Slowly evolving stuff is fine in spurts but can get boring when they are grouped together. You know how you get that generic full-on and everyone wets their pants because it's become so paint by numbers? Well this is the progressive edition. It's not bad because with echoing synths and effects it's still nice to listen to. Just not one of the stronger efforts.

Pusher- It takes almost 3 minutes for this one to hold any interest. It's not that it's terrible, but they have raised the bar so f*cking high that you can't always score hat tricks. That's when the break comes in and we've established that they are very good at it. The bass line is very simple and they employ the echoing style that I really like. The next cool part is the 2nd break complete with thunderstorm effects. So, aside from the 2 breaks...meh.

Orison- Echoing synths...is there anything sweeter? It creates such a lush atmosphere and that is exactly what you get. Scrambled vocal samples punctuate a huge distorted melody as other twinkling sounds find their place. It's a drifter and another nice feather in their cap.

Dum Spiro, Spero- "This room is green. I wanna go back to the blue room."

Posted Image

Whoa, whoa! Back up..he's about to throw feces.

I dunno what the title means, but it's got some bubbly bass and twinkling synths. The beat rumbles gently at the break and I love that little detail. Is it the most detailed I have ever heard from these two? Is it the greatest track ever? No, I think we can all agree this is

Posted Image

"Hey Macarena"!

But it does have good groove and builds momentum. The sample gives it some nice character.

Submersion- Now this is a closer. This is how you do it. Dreamy pads and spiraling melodies leaving traces of their presence as they float across the sky. It's a breakbeat track that gets in your soul. Piano, guitar, tender percussion. I know men don't cry, but this was so beautiful it made Mr. T cry. Don't believe me?

Posted Image

He's a little choked up so he can't get it out. But he pities the fool.

There are some really good tracks here. And some average ones. As I mentioned the style is floaty melodies with loads of echoing synths that add depth. But here is also a prime example of becoming a one trick pony. Don't get me wrong...this is how I like my progressive, but sometimes I felt that some of the tracks could've used more elaboration. Hitting that machine gun bass line while effects rattle off is great, but there were a few too many tracks that did that. As a result there are parts of the album that sounded very samey. That said, even the most mediocre progressive is miles above generic full-on and this wasn't that mediocre. These two Serbs have loads of talent and they showed it here. Most of the songs were good and even the weaker ones weren't that bad. Recommended.

GoaStore

Beatspace

Psyshop

Mdk

• 2 years later...