Pablo Gargano

Time_Trap

Judging from the huge pile of records on his name, I'm sure he has owned himself some kind of reputation, but I believe he was better known in the Hardtrance/acidtrance/whatever it's called world. I absolutely LOVE his "The Stranger" track, though...and imo that one is practically a Goa track.

turned Eve into one of the best labels of it's day from 95-99. Had some absolutely stunning releases!

Favs for me:

We Promise You The Future

The Ultimate Frontier (Girontondo)

Space Travel (Girontondo)

War World

Trance In Saigon

Farringdon

The Secret Spice

The Stranger

Pablo Gargano is a legend!

I have almost all Eve records still on Vynil. But I think the reason he is hardly ever mentioned here is that he was never part of the Goa scene, he never played at any goa parties back in the day, even though his records sounded a lot like goa.

And I have to admit, I almost forgot about him too, I`m listening to his stuff on Youtube right now, thanks for reminding me :)

unknown in goa forums maybe but not in the trance/hard trance scene. And of course what said before is valid, he never djed or did live PA at goa parties that i know of. Maybe in the UK he did some but surely not recently. He had some valid tracks for sure though, The Stranger is a great track indeed!

Checking some out now.

First I see with interest that he had some tracks on the later Reactivate series, which I'm listening to now. They're OK for the most part, not leaning to the goa sound much, but a couple are good classic trance. A little 303 here and there; always a bonus!

Around 1998-2002 there was a record store I used to visit every once in a while, and sometimes I would find the Reactivate series there. I always checked them out; partly because Reactivate 10 is one of my favorite trance albums ever, and partly because the Reactivate covers were so fun. They were pretty hit & miss, but they had some lesser-known gems as far as classic trance.

We Promise You The Future - damn, I can't find this one online. I found a video for "Everyone's Future", which is a pretty damned good song, but I guess it's not the same? I wish I could hear this song.

The Stranger - ah, more 303, a man after my own heart! :P Oh, and it was on a goa compilation! Wow, awesome song!

Headlines - very epic and euphoric without being cheesy. Side note: my cat was meowing like crazy during this song, but mostly only when the 303 was screeching away; made me wonder if she didn't like the 303! Holy fuck, this song has awesome build-ups!

Kill That 303 - how could I not listen to a song with 303 in the title? Yeah, I'm a sucker for it, make fun of me all you want! Well, OK, it wasn't that great of a song. 303-dominant acid trance, but not terribly interesting. Felipe Santos is much better, although I do recognize and appreciate the 'true' 303 sound in this song, while I know Mr. Santos uses a xOxbOx, which is a very close replica but not exactly the same (my inner synth fiend run amokuth).

Osho - appears to be the B-side to "Arcana", which I didn't find too interesting. "Osho" is darkish and trancy, with a definite goa influence. Not overly-melodic. Very nice.

Trance in Saigon - nicely trancy, not cheesy, darkish, nicely combines classic, acid and goa trance sounds.

I'm going to stop there. This guy has some good stuff and some mediocre stuff. I listened to more than what I commented on, I just didn't think the rest was worth commenting on.

He was not unknown, only his tracks were a little bit to "clubby" (I never associated Reactivate Records with open air sound systems) to get entangled with the then new born Goa trance. That's why his names is hardly mentioned when we talk about 1990s trance. Frankly, to trance lovers of the day, Goa tracks were more sophisticated, refined than most trance tracks released then. Still, I think that some names that were not related directly to Goa like Friends Lovers & Family, or The Age of Love did some great songs that are a lesson on how-to-trance. Here's FLF masterpiece "Tribute", the sequence that starts at 5'37 still amazes me to this day.

EDIT: I was suggested a better audio quality video.

As a related footnote, Atmos got his start on Pablo Gargano`s Eve label. He was, in fact, the first artist except Pablo himself to release on Eve. And the B-side of that EP "Rebirth of Cavanough" ist still one of my all-time favorite pieces of music.

http://www.discogs.com/Atmos-Rebirth-Of-Cavanaough/release/52281

Pablo Gargano is a great Hard/Acid Trance producer. Sure I like his tracks. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLa7wjXCv_A

But please stop comparing to Goa Trance - he has nothing to do with Goa Trance even though has had 2 tracks on Goa-Head 2 and Goa Trance 7 on Rumour Records, which (the latter) was never a 100% Goa series.

That said, mixed properly in the right hour his tracks could have gone hand in hand with proper Goa from the 90s.

We Promise You The Future - damn, I can't find this one online. I found a video for "Everyone's Future", which is a pretty damned good song, but I guess it's not the same? I wish I could hear this song.

na think it is the same song mate. Danny Rampling used to call it 'We Promise You The Future' and that's the name that appeared on his LGDP Compilation (Green Box Set). Think it got released as 'Everyone's Future' though in the end.

Pablo Gargano is a great Hard/Acid Trance producer. Sure I like his tracks. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLa7wjXCv_A

But please stop comparing to Goa Trance - he has nothing to do with Goa Trance even though has had 2 tracks on Goa-Head 2 and Goa Trance 7 on Rumour Records, which (the latter) was never a 100% Goa series.

That said, mixed properly in the right hour his tracks could have gone hand in hand with proper Goa from the 90s.

Nothing ? Are you sure? I pretty much find lots of similiraties with Goa Trance. Main difference being that Goa Trance is more overloaded,melodic and multi-layered ;)

PS. You contradict yourself with your last statement =]

Nothing ? Are you sure? I pretty much find lots of similiraties with Goa Trance. Main difference being that Goa Trance is more overloaded,melodic and multi-layered ;)

PS. You contradict yourself with your last statement =]

does it really matter?

End of the day, it's amazing music and that's what counts :).