Psy-Chill Recommendations...

Guest Daniel

I already have albums by Ozric Tentacles, Sphongle, Infinity Project, Ethneogenic, and Solar Feilds....I am looking for something different maybe you can help me...

I'm looking for very psychedelic ambient, almost like GMS, Alien Project, Logic Bomb without hard pounding beats...I'm just looking for something thick with psychedelica that trips you out in craziness, but I want it to be smooth and flowing, and if possible something thats somewhat uplifting (not anything disturbingly scary).

Thanx in advance.

Guest goditjesus

Backroom beats Cd compilation under the Twisted label is grand

Medicine Drum and Juno Reactor are cool to chill to as well

For tripiness Ecilispe complation also on Twisted is wicked is got and the day turned to night on it

Dragonfly have some good dub albums up at the moe

Hope this helps

H xxx

Butterfly Dawn

Elucidations

and Mana Medicine

all on Liquid Sound Design

Guest rx7style

Hmmm, this sounds a little retarded, but there are compilations you'd like better maybe than just a single artist.

I have a compilation, go figure, called "Psychedelic Ambience". There are multiple volumes too I think.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest interloop

Hi chiiling boy.

You're right, Ultimae are certainly the best psy-ambient label.

I ordered the Ultimae Pack last week on their their website ultimae.com. All is really good. The Fahrenheit Project compilation serie is great, various and fine. Solar Fields is one of the sonic revelation of this last years. Asura first album is certainly an anthem of psychill world. And the projects Aes Dana and Carbon Based Lifeforms are deep, green and groovy. Wonderful....

Guest KakoOlalaJwal

So U are "looking for something thick with psychedelica that trips you out in craziness", but U "want it to be smooth and flowing, and if possible something thats somewhat uplifting".....

I've got something for U featuring the artists U quoted, one Logic Bomb song (imo the best of the comp), an Alien Project featuring, and some Earthling stuff...

Notice that it is far from being my favourite comp... so that have already been adviced are better (imo)

It is VA - Siesta, on Phonokol records... (2002)

Cheers..