Tour De Trance

Templar

Tour De Trance

Neurobiotic Records, 2011

Posted Image

1. Avalon, Waio & Cyrus The Virus - Transitions

2. Earthling & Touch Tone - Vasseyva (feat. Justin Chaos & Hemi Sync)

3. Silicon Sound & Sonic Species - Doomsday Hit

4. Sonic Species - Drums At Dawn (Zen Mechanics Rmx)

5. M-Theory - Woodbox

6. Dickster - One And Together

7. Screenagers - Take Control

8. Edoardo - Safe Landing

9. Silicon Sound feat. DJ Psychotrop - Unsophisticated

I was very excited when I saw the announcement of the compilation at Psyshop, but soon my enthusiasm dropped when I remembered the poor form which Neurobiotic Records has been displaying for some time now. Also the disappointment connected with compilations like "Tokyo 5 am" was relatively fresh - compilations which looked impressive from the line-up side, but poorly as far as their musical content is concerned. However, seeing such a great team of people like Dickster and Silicon Sound I thought to myself that it might not be so bad. Indeed. Although the compilation is not some kind of an earthquake, one will find pretty decent tracks here and some of them are of very good quality. To this respectable group I may add the massive "Transitions" and "Vasseyva" tunes, a simple yet clever remix of "Drums At Dawn" and the slick "One and Together", which showed that despite falling into a routine, Dickster still delivers what you need: live, spontaneous, acidic and charming energy bombs. Of course there are also weak or bland tracks, which, apart from the pale "Woodbox", all belong to the compiler: the track by Screenagers (a co-production with Joti Sidhu) and "Safe Landing", which sounds as if Edoardo decided to publish his unfinished work from the studio. I should also mention about Johannes Regnier a.k.a. Silicon Sound. Although the guy released the "Reshape" single some time ago, other than that there is no sign of his flagship project, not to mention his new album, which was hinted at many years back and which has left fans of Silicon Sound mouth-watering and with their tongues out. His tracks presented here are a real treat and a decent reward for them. "Doomsday Hit", co-created with Sonic Species, is a solid proposition for fans of steady, pumping trance-punch underlined with spacious sonic background and a pinch of claustrophobic mystery. This tune reminds me of some productions by Stellar Magnitude. The last track is another co-production in the history of these two artists: once again Johannes teamed-up with DJ Psychotrop. "Unsophisticated", which appeared earlier on the aforementioned single remixed by The Antidote, puts strong emphasis on the percussion and show its original face, quite peculiar one I should add when compared with other tracks here, as well as contrasted with "typical", usually meatier tracks by the Frenchman. Interesting, different. In the end, banality and mediocrity, which have been constituting the foundations of Neurobiotic Records releases for some time now, seem to fade away into oblivion, along with increasingly better tunes, though perhaps it is too early to make such a verdict. Slowly the label is redeeming itself in my eyes and ears. Keep it up.

Templar / http://www.psytrance.pl

Links:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/neu/neu1cd032.html