6- reality (01 remix) 5:56

7- transfOrmatiOn/bu_ist (phutureprimitive mix) 6:51

8- Ok (01 remix) 4:59

9- mind (01 lOst in thOught mix)7:03

10- dreams (01 remix) 6:09

11- space (magic sOund fabric mix) 4:37

12- bu_ist (01 remix) 5:44

13- fight (01 remix) 3:32

Man, this guys really likes playing with caps in his title names lol Anyway, he delivers us a remix album with a helping hand by some other well known artists like Bluetech and Phutureprimitive.

First off a remix of Possiblities... umm the first few minutes are interesting but then you start wondering where the hell is all this going until you finally get bored and press the next button.

Bluetech's remix of Trust ah now that's more like it, a good dark IDM atmosphere and some dubsteppish basslines form the canvas for some little running arpegios that sound like ghosts whispering in your ears. Then the second half brings in a more fluffy melody that kindof ruins the dark mood. Too bad cause the first half was REALLY good :(

Hell up next which starts dark but then this goofy bassline really ruins the vibe, what the hell was he thinking??

Memory remix up next which sounds like a crossblend between 80s electro and synthpop music... there are some interesting ideas in there but the overall result is pretty hectic.

Robots up next with a bit of a tribal sound but overall very cheezy

Reality starts soothing but then puts some very in-your-face synth lines and even becomes dark in parts, then cheezy again.

Then comes the track that everyone was waiting for I guess, the Phutureprimitive remix and mash-up of Transformation and Bu_ist. Actually the beginning is a bit dissapointing, sure there are some nice wind pads and guitar melodies but nothing really original but then around 3:00 comes an EXTRAORDINARY melody, too bad it only lasts for a minute (but then it comes back again around 5:15). It is just amazing, I ended up pressing the rewind button like a drug addict in need of a new fix lol

Remix of Ok up next, which sounds very empty, especially compared to the previous track :(

Mind ah now that's more like it... a nice dark IDM vibe, with an original hevily distorted voice melody and some synths. Definately one of the best here.

Dreams up next with the typical goofy jazzy vibe which I don't really like... But if you wait till 3:00 a nice guitar melody kicks in which makes the track much better

Magic Sound Fabric gives us a remix of Space which is ok but a bit cheezy in parts...

Another remix of Bu_ist, this time by Zero One himself, but I'd much rather go for the Phutureprimitive mix...

The closer is a remix of Flight, with a lot of 80's synthpop cheezyness, bleh

Conclusion: Very mediochre album (if not outright BAD!), nothing that really stands out except for the Bluetech and Phuturemrimitive remixes... BUT the Phutureprimitive remix is HUGE!! Guess it's better to wait for it to come on some comps... Faves: 2, 7(!!)

2/5

• 3 months later...

Posted Image

Artist: zerO One

Title: remiXed

Label: Waveform

Date: October, 2011

1- pOssibilites (01 remix) 6:19

2- trust (bluetech's trinary mix) 6:25

3- hell (01 remix) 5:23

4- memOry (01 pensive mix) 4:16

5- rObOts (01 cOnspiracy mix) 4:59

6- reality (01 remix) 5:56

7- transfOrmatiOn/bu_ist (phutureprimitive mix) 6:51

8- Ok (01 remix) 4:59

9- mind (01 lOst in thOught mix)7:03

10- dreams (01 remix) 6:09

11- space (magic sOund fabric mix) 4:37

12- bu_ist (01 remix) 5:44

13- fight (01 remix) 3:32

I don't know much about this project, but somehow it ended up on my desk. See that cover....it's got a lot of blenders on it. You know, cause it's remixed. This is Kevin Dooley who apparently is at war with his caps lock button. StOp It MoThErF*cKeR...see how annoying that is? It's his fourth studio album and he decided to remix past tracks with some help from Magic Sound Fabric, Bluetech, and Phutureprimative.

I want to say that with all the 01's on the track names that this was made 10 years ago. I want to say that, but that wouldn't be true. It's binary language that all you computer geeks study while I'm out banging the cheerleader. Of course now I'm serving you fast food while you pull up to my drive thru in a Lexus. Let's see a small breakdown of the tracks...

-pOssibilities was a boring techno breakbeat something or other.

-the Bluetech remix had a bad ass saunter with shimmering pads and knock on wood percussion. I also wasn't a fan of the melody near the end, but the rest of the track was good enough to balance it out. Winner winner chicken dinner.

-hell "Hell is cooling off."

Did you make that bass line with a Casio? It sounds like it. And did you just hit me with a saxophone? Ok, ok...let's focus on the positives...next track.

-memOry- "This is a memory."

Can we put this rumbly bass in the last track? It sounds very Depeche Mode from their early work. Dark and metallic sounding synths and the kick really does remind me of Fly on the Windscreen stuff. I liked it.

-rObOts- I see that title and I see two boobs. But I like boobs. It's soft and floaty and he goes all Jan Hammer on you like he's penning a soundtrack for Miami Vice.

-reality- "I'm from another reality."

I can't tell whether this is dark or light as it does both. I do enjoy the breakbeats going on and he likes to switch drumkits which keeps it interesting. A nice bit of techno and electro mashed together in sweaty robot passion.

-The Phutureprimative remix combines two tracks in a sandwich of awesome. It's spacey, it's darkish, and it has a nice beat. The synths are good and the guitar actually makes the track more appealing. When's the last time you could say that? But my favorite part was the beat with the chant snippet...hit me just right.

-Ok- "I'm ok."

No you're not. You got a lot of f*cking problems. Let's start with a loungey breakbeat track with forgettable sounds.

-mind- Spooky electronica all the way through loaded with glitchy effects. It walked a slow road to goodness.

-dreams- Again he switches drum kits like I change underwear. Or like I would change if I did laundry regularly. His choice of leads is good and damnit if he doesn't know how to wield a funky beat.

-Space- Liked it a lot, with its space feel. Very cold and clinical, with his sidecar of funky breakbeat rhythms.

-bu_ist- I haven't heard a bass booming like that since I wandered into East L.A. Slow and meticulous, this bounces nicely. I would've preferred maybe some darker themed leads, make it not so happy I guess.

-fight- I think he listened to a lot of Depeche Mode because this is right out of their playbook. The change near the end in direction was nice and warming

I liked this better than Lemmi, but you have to be in the mood for it. It's electro, breakbeat (lots of it), and sometimes it works and sometimes it comes off cheesy. Also, I haven't ever heard one of his tracks so I had no expectations. He has talent, and I think it shines when he veers towards the dark side. A dark, space ambient album from him would be good I think. Either way....there's nothing to fight about, right kid?

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/wav/wav1cd801.html

http://www.beatport.com/release/remixed/397552

Mdk