3. Intuition 7:34

4. Full Mona 7:05

5. Evidence 7:16

6. The Deliverance 6:50

7. Arkanoydz & Etnica - Totemism (RFC Mix) 6:50

8. One Parsec 7:18

9. Tanith 7:58

Posted Image

That's right, the ball has been dropped on this one. BTW, outside of dick in a box, this was one of the funniest skits on recent Saturday Night Live.

Anyway.

All I hear is talk of how the old masters come back and change their style with terrible results. Here we have Mr. Etnica/Pleiadians/Crop Circles Andrea Rizzo joining forces with Giotto Bini and Young Kim for a psytrance album. Where's the review? I figured there would be something since that guy was such an integral part of our favorite music.

Nothing.

Posted Image

Here I come to save the day!

The Train Song- "How can I explain? At first we thought it was a game. That we knew...what they were all about."

Careful, careful! You almost stepped in my drool. Right off the bat the first track is a team up with Etnica and it's over 11 minutes! It's got some tribal feelings that make me want to twist, but it also has the layered synth work that we all love. The break shows fine detail and patience and you had me with the long sweep. The new melody has Etnica written all over it and I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't 97. This one has it all. Melody, atmosphere, and a nice groove. A fantabulous opening track!

Space Care- "In the final decade of the 21st century men and women in rocket ships landed on the moon."

Ummm, didn't we do that last century? Wow, how do you top that first track? By jumping right into a full-on bass line? Yeah, I guess you could try to go that way. But unlike the majority of that style, this has interesting melodies and track structure. This is a faster pace with a give and take type flow. The final bit is where it shines as thick analog synths echo wildly and while not a goa track, it shows that you can take the man out of goa, but you can't take the goa out of the man. Not as massive as the first, but still quite good.

Intuition- "Just feel...use your intuition."

The soft electric piano throws me a Vangelis curve ball as effects whiz around this thing and they do it again. Not goa trance, but they flirt with it. C'mon, just make another goa album. It's pretty full-on based with a break that has a massive pad and emotive break. Jesus, they just can't help themselves as the next melody has it's feet firmly planted in the Indian coast. Stop teasing me! I'm telling Mom!

"Mrs. Williams do you have any Totino's Pizza Rolls...Omigod! I'm so sorry!"

Posted Image

*slams door and runs downstairs to basement*

Dude, your mom is f*cking hot. Sounds like a few more sleepovers this year.

Another good one.

Full Mona- I'd like to give your mom the full mona, if you know what I'm sayin'! Hi-five! No? A nice bouncing track this one. Effects and little melodies sparkle with a space feel as the layering begins. I like the way the track smoothly melts into the next part. Yeah it's full-on, but the way they do it, it doesn't feel like every other artist out there. The melodies are delicate, but dominate...it feels like your ice skating on spider webs. One sound leaves and the next enters without sounding obtrusive. Good track.

Evidence- "One...Mathematics is the language of nature. Two...everything around us can be represented and understood with number. Three..if you graph the numbers of any system patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature."

Four, quit trying to get me to learn something new. Every time I put something in the ol' brain bucket, it pushes something out. I forgot how to tie my shoes yesterday. When I first hear the beat and the cowboy guitar riff, I'm thinking this is the track where they fully sell out to crap. But no, they don't. Full-on bass line? Sure, but they change the key and actually make it groovy. Then have the audacity to add a racing melody. Bastards. Not great, but good.

The Deliverance- "I sense that you are restless now, but be patient. The deliverance is at hand."

Posted Image

Squeal like a pig boy! Not Ned Beatty's finest moment on film, but give him credit...how many actors today would agree to anal hillbilly man rape? Yeah, this has nothing to do with this track.

The opening melody is like a caged beast just waiting to be freed. But these guys keep it in there, singing off key to it, poking it with a stick. They, uh... they aren't actually singing. That was a metaphor. There is some slight nods towards the goa flavor, but quit being a bitch about it already. Reminds me of a girl I knew that had great boobs and flirted with me constantly. Casual touches became more pronounced, smiles and looks with her eyes. Thought my nuts were going to explode. Eventually I hit that but she enjoyed the teasing.

Wow, that took a turn didn't it? Track was ok, nothing spectacular.

Totenism Rfc Mix- Oooh, me likey! The first couple of minutes, meh, but be patient. You heard the guy in the last track...the time of deliverance yadda yadda yadda. Layers start to fire and they tease some more. If you're not gonna use that thing, just delete the preset! I like that it's not just straight ahead, but has little twists. Great to dance to no question. Something chemical involved. The break is full of goodness too. Pretty good.

One Parsec- More full-on beats and bass lines but I like the melody work so I'm happy.

Now this is just cruel. You cannot tell me that you don't miss goa trance. You can't. It's all over this album. That's like a fat guy saying, "nah, I'll just have a salad." Yeah, a salad with a cheeseburger on it.

You've got several cool space samples and even a breakbeat that gives rise to a fat analog sound. Very nice people.

Tanith- Ok, who let the aliens in? They're all over the place. Mission control is on the horn...so I don't have time to clean up this mess. The structure is of course full-on based, but new sounds are added to give it life. Melodies creep in, but unfortunately we have the first and only buildup. Thankfully it is very short. And you just couldn't let one track go without showing me your goa boobs, could you? You have to be careful, not everyone is as nice as me. Some might try and take that goa from you.

Andrea shows that he's still got it and you would think that he missed the old days of goa trance. At the end of the day it's a full-on album, but not disgustingly so. It's got all the components, but as I mentioned they explore all the nook and crannies like it was an English muffin. There are numerous twists and turns which keep it interesting. Remember that this is 4 years old...practically a lifetime in our music. Also, if you keep teasing me with goa trance sounds and riffs I'll be expecting an album. I'll still respect you if you release a new goa trance album. In fact, I'll love you even more.

Psyshop

Beatspace

GoaStore

SaikoSounds

10 bucks? What the hell are you waiting for? Put down the bong for 4 seconds and order this.

Mdk

• 3 years later...

8 years since this was released and man it hasn't aged well. There are parts in most of the tracks which I like, but there are typical full-on stretches where nothing happens. 8 measures? Sure. 16? Maybe, but don't push it. Anything longer than that and you risk being just another number in the full-on pile.

The best track was the opener, but I don't think it's even that good these days. Meh, times and tastes change. But in 2015 this one is tough to get through.

Like swallowing a geode.