3. The Portal

4. Monkshroom

5. Injected Spawn

6. Biosphere

7. Vitamin E

8. A Grain of Sand

9. Controlled Experiment

Samples: http://cronomi.com/?page_id=213

Cronomi Records are proud to present “The Portal” – debut album from Danish artist PortaMento.

While this is his first album release, PortaMento (aka Jesper Hahn) is a seasoned producer, who started making tunes as early as 1997 – inspired by the big acts from the golden days of Goa. After having honed his skills for a couple of years, he found himself emerging on a scene where most everyone else had left the party. Despite this, he stuck to his own style, and became one of the top underground artists. The music, while influenced by the Goa of the late 90′s, has a distinct deep, dark flow blended with psychedelic acidlines, atmospheres and multiple leads in complex arrangements. It is fast without being flimsy. Melodic without being cheesy. Smooth flowing without being repetitive. And each track has a story to tell, if you listen closely.

But don’t take our word for it – The Portal is right there – see for yourself what’s on the other side.

Posted Image

So far that was the “official” release information stuff. Now I would like to add a few words of my own:

Until now, all of our CDs were manufactured in 1000 copies. This one would be only 500 copies. There are varied reasons for this (mostly financial), but you can treat it as a limited edition release. Even though I personally don’t like the term “limited edition” since it’s sort of a marketing gimmick and the music stays the same anyway, which is the important thing, for me at least. But hey! You got a limited edition out of this :) ! Not only that, there is a bonus for those who actually support us by buying the CD. The inner artwork isn’t your generic artwork you find on all CDs, it’s a folded mini-poster which actually looks preety good so you can even put it on your wall for display or something.

Some words about the music itself: Cronomi records is mostly known as a “new school” label, but I think that our last compilation (Erta Ale) changed that image a bit with some real old school sounding tracks. This trend continues here. Not only this sounds old school, it is actually old school with some of the tracks written in the 90′s. This release is a mixture of old and new, with old tracks treated to sound new and new tracks treated to sound old. I’m saying this not only because I’m the label manager, but because I love music: This album kicks ass. This is how goa should sound, in the past, present and future. The tracks have this darkish feeling to them, yet melodic without being cheesy. Just brilliant. And the sound production is just perfectly solid without being too polished or sterile. I hope you enjoy it!

I realy enjoyed An Expert On Humans on latest Cronomi V/A Erta Alé and it was probably my favorite tune on the compilation. Samples for Portamento debut album are indeed great and I'm sure it will be a true bomb, just like all previous Cronomi releases!

Artha - check

Portamento - check

Hopefully M-Run's LP will be in label plannings for maybe next year :)

I sure hope so. B)

Finally a serious neogoa work!!!!! Innovation at its best!!!

The best Goa around!!!

Congratulations Portamento, the whole scene got richer with this work!!

It got richer with Erta Alé, but this is just proving the point. Cronomi the best goa label around. :)

• 2 months later...