"V/A - Turlitava"

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Various

Title: Turlitava

Label: Neogoa

Date: September, 2011 Shutup! I know it said 8-27-11 release date, but it ain't out yet! Damn, always in my bizness!

01 - NeiRula - Dream Echoes

02 - Uth - Ethereal Dream

03 - Mindphoria - The Picture

04 - Terra Nine - Breathe (Instrumental Version)

05 - Astropilot - Yasmin (2011 Rework)

06 - Astropilot - Scirocco (2011 Rework)

07 - Kliment vs. Anjela - The Last Call

08 - Lemonchill - Mantra (Erot Remix)

09 - Unusual Cosmic Process - Legend

Posted Image

I know what you're thinking. What the hell is he doing here, isn't he dead?

Everyone knows he's not. As a matter of fact he lives two towns over from me. Sells insurance now. Still manages to spit a few tracks and release them under a different name so all of you don't find him. Fame is a b*tch, he'll tell ya that.

Ok maybe he is dead, but so is Neogoa. The netlabel has closed it's (virtual)doors but like Tupac it seems they can still release some stuff from the dead. Good for us too, because this is one of the best downtempo albums I have ever heard. Compiled by forum regular Anub1s and mastered by Igor Čeranić (who else? I caught him in my kitchen the other day and was putting the finishing touches on my dishwasher) you get a very nice mixture of styles in this release. Turlitava is a traditional mixture of vegetables on Balkans and it is reflected here in the compilation's diversity.

When Richpa sent it to me it had numerous photos of the beautiful Vir coast that sit well with the music. He did it so you could make your own CD case with artwork for those long drives you've been meaning to take. Your girlfriend has been asking to go so now you have no excuse.

Dream Echoes- This is Yulia Levchenko from the Ukraine with an awesome opening track.

Posted Image

So...what's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this? What? No, no don't sweat it. I'll just wait right over here. Here? Farther? No,no,no...you don't need that mace, I'll go, I'll go..

Soft pads caress the soul as the sun begins to wake from its slumber. Thunderous tribal drums herald the first rays of sunshine and I couldn't be more relaxed if you gave me an ambien sandwich

Ethereal Dream- Well hello Alex Lytvyn. Long time no hear. Last I heard from you was your absolutely brilliant Distinct Instincts EP. He continues to dominate with such a detailed and organic track. Warm pads and numerous clicking effects outline an ethereal female vocal from the heavens. Synths undulate as layers get deeper with quick panning sounds that surround my ears. Soft melodies burn with glaring sunshine in a delightful experience.

The Picture- Wow this is big. The music portrays such a large scope with strings reaching the horizon in a melancholic melody. I can almost feel the ebb and flow of the tide at the shore. A melody heralds the breakbeat and we have entered nod your head territory. I don't know that that chick is saying, but it adds to the smoothness. Thick, thick, thick. Twisting synths, ringing tones, and so many layers of goodness make this a wonderful track.

Breathe-

Posted Image

Did we just take a turn into remake town? Uh...no. No we didn't.

This is Mike Westcot from New Zealand and he's a classically trained violinist that likes to make psychedelic music. No sh*t? Here he has massive strings and a rolling bass line. The kind which gets stuck in your throat as some plucked strings compose a melody. Wavering synth lines go up and down in an analog dream. Dreamy violin echoes can be heard and this is a soundtrack for a flight through space.

Yasmin(2011 Rework)- He likes the vocal chants doesn't he? Good for him, because his music is lush and he does it right. Rising synths as a slow melody finds its way. I love the way the mood can change on a dime. What was originally a downtempo piece switches to a rumbler as the pace increases. Flutes, chants, and a happy ending. NO WAIT, not that type of happy ending.

Posted Image

Please be 18, please be 18...

Scirocco (2011 Rework)-

Posted Image

Why the f*ck would you name your track after a Volkswagon?

Oh, OH! That Scirocco. Ok, I get it. Himalayan winds rustle chimes during the final moments of the sun while a monk leads his order in prayer. Unexpectedly a massive kick has me rejoicing. What the f*ck am I at a revival? Swept up in its glory...hey, why am I swaying like that? Hard to type while you're dancing let me tell you. Melodic chimes slide right into the groove as a synth begins its march. There is a palpable old school feel to this and as the wind continues to blow and the sun sets, I am fulfilled. Awesome.

The Last Call- With a long bass sweep and some shimmering synths we are underway. It's mystical and vision inducing as the glitch crackles. A dubby bass joins a highly synthesized vocal bringing me higher to consciousness. Did you think you weren't gonna get any flutes? Sucker, it's all in here. When the tempo increases and the chopped up vocal sound arrives one cannot help but feel the Shpongle love in the air. The leads layer at the end and what the f*ck...there I go swaying again.

Posted Image

C'mon, whose with me?!?

Mantra (Erot Remix)- My timing is all off. This would be the first Lemonchill track I have ever heard and Erot remixes it. That's life for ya. The pads and slow pace give a spacious vibe to it, and I can see the setting on the cover. Ethereal voices can be heard off in the distance as the break arrives and man is it descriptive. Soft, plucked synth sounds add more depth as the intensity begins to rise. Not bad at all.

Legend- "The window is still open. We find something in a week, or two weeks...it could reverse the spread. I can still fix it. Ground zero, this is my site. We talked about this. I'm not gonna let this happen."

I just reviewed his Weightlessness EP recently and if I recall he loves the long track. Synths shimmer as a high pitched melody taps itself out over a grungy bass sound. Drum snippets have been peeking out throughout the track but just enough to build a framework. The sample is from the movie I Am Legend and fits snugly in place. Let's never forget where Will Smith came from though.

Posted Image

Important to know your roots, my brother.

Just when you think it's gonna fade into the sunset, the bass line gets all aggro on you and the beat picks up. Clever sir.

I hope that Neogoa rises from the ashes like the Phoenix because they have released so much quality music. Richpa works very hard to bring this to the masses and he deserves every accolade he gets. Good for you my brother. I would say this is the crown jewel of your work. Super descriptive and passionate tracks are the order of the day and it was a joy to listen to. Not a single piece of filler to be found and definitely has to be in the running for the downtempo compilation of the year.

Coming Soon

Mdk

I'll just say that Anub1s and all artists including our mr. handsome Deimos who delivered proper mastering gave 120% for this one. Some people who already heard this V/A told me that this is probably our best effort so far, we will see, at this moment Ektoplazm is experiencing some server issues and that's reason why Turlitava is delayed. Don't worry, it will be online soon and free for downloadz as usual.

Thanks for super review Mike!

I'll just say that Anub1s and all artists including our mr. handsome Deimos who delivered proper mastering gave 120% for this one. Some people who already heard this V/A told me that this is probably our best effort so far, we will see, at this moment Ektoplazm is experiencing some server issues and that's reason why Turlitava is delayed. Don't worry, it will be online soon and free for downloadz as usual.

Thanks for super review Mike!

+1

Tnx for this great Review !!!

• 4 weeks later...