3. Drifter (150 BPM)

*Sung to Metallica's classic song*

Master!

Posted Image

Master!

Posted Image

Master!

Posted Image

Now...I don't think he is any of these. Although you could make an argument for Yoda due to his dominance in mastering releases. Don't believe me? Here's a list:

Sky Technology & Nova FractalVersus

JaviThe Aural Exciter

Nova FractalMain Sequence Star

Sky TechnologyNext Visions

PsiloCybianFunny Farm

UthDistant Instincts

Mammal FootworkWallop Remixes

VA - Pantheon

VA - Future Architecture

VA - Dimensional Gateway

Croatian Igor Čeranić seems to be everywhere be it as Deimos or Perfect Blind. His style is also all over the map going from downtempo to progressive and now thanks to this EP, psybreaks.

Ruptured- The synths attack and then recede as the breakbeat pushes on. The guitar (at least that's what it sounded like) reminds me of The Crystal Method. Back when they were good. Vegas was an awesome album. There is more guitar dominating at times and somewhere SUN Project is smiling. After a nice break, it gears up and gathers momentum for a blistering finale.

Chest Pain- More breakbeats and undulating synths. This one stands out for its sample and lush break. Ha, stands out...there are only three tracks dude. It gets loud and becomes a wall of sound intent on overtaking all in its path.

Drifter- It's a punishing breakbeat not unlike what you would hear in some Drum n Bass. The synths oscillate always being in continual motion. It's very cold and metallic sounding. There's not a lot of variation as it drones on. Hell it sounds like the previous track. In your face and pretty damn loud too.

I liked it, bu not my favorite EP. Let me explain. There is nothing wrong with the sound. Sounds crystal clear. My problem is that there isn't a lot of room for tracks to grow when they are married to this beat all the way through. As I mentioned it drones on, not in a boring way, but in a heavy on the ear way. They all have similar song structures with the breakbeat starting out and then the synths adding up and growing into a cacophony near then end. Every now and then I would like this, but more than that and I grow weary. There aren't any nuances or twists and turns to challenge the mind.

Ektoplazm

Mdk