Mammal Footwork - Wallop Remixes EP

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Mammal Footwork

Title: Wallop Remixes EP

Label: Diggarama

Date: December, 2010

1. Wallop (Deimos Remix) (128 BPM)

2. Wallop (Yashpal vs PsiloCybian Remix) (128 BPM)

3. Wallop (Odium Remix) (128 BPM)

4. Wallop (Sumea Natami Remix) (130 BPM)

This is a 4-track EP that contains remixes of a tune by Mammal Footwork, aka Psilocybian. He had a good EP called Funny Farm and his album Wry Figments was also quite entertaining. I've never heard the original so for me this is like 4 new tracks. Hopefully.

Wallop (Deimos Remix)- It's a slow progressive bouncer with washes in the Iono music style. Effects begin to pile up and the track gets thicker. Everything is smooth...the intro of leads, the way they fade out...really cohesive. He layers well as the track floats on rays of sunshine and never sounds too heavy. Awesome progressive.

Posted Image

Wallop (Yashpal vs PsiloCybian Remix)- Oh the echoes! Computer whirrings and humming algorithms pop as a razor sharp lead sparkles. The break is juicy as bass sounds roll and synths flicker and new leads join the party. So very deep and dance friendly. Hell it almost...almost flirts with some goa flavor. So good I think I saw Jesus.

Posted Image

Yep, there he is.

Wallop (Odium Remix)- Washes, slow deep attack synths, and a straight forward groove. The funk sir...this track reeks of it. Lots of layers to keep you company for this piece of lush progressive trance. I'm gettin' down, I don't give a f*ck who is in my way.

Posted Image

Watch out now!

Wallop (Sumea Natami Remix)- With floating synths over a churning kick and bass this one is more subdued. Kinda like the end of a party. Been dancing all night so all you can do now is sway.

Man I don't know what the original sounded like, but these guys crafted 3 progressive trance bombs and one closer. Rich and lush with beats to match. It sounded great and will definitely be on my playlist for a while. Even though it's the same song, they sound nothing alike. Get this if progressive is your thing, you shan't be disappointed.

Ektoplazm

Mdk