Label: Ektoplazm

Date: May, 2010

1. Barlang (154 BPM)

2. Speaking Stones (153 BPM)

3. Sweet Delight (154 BPM)

4. Slendrian (155 BPM)

Who the f*ck am I to say your name is wrong, but according to the good book,

Posted Image

clearly Orc is spelled with a C. Man, I used to read that thing for hours. But then I hit puberty and grew a pair. Ask my friend in the Star Trek uniform with the massive acne problem he'll tell you.

Posted Image

"Worst review ever. Rest assured I was on the net voicing my displeasure within minutes."

If he can tear himself away from the net arguing over probable plot holes in the Avatar sequel that is. Aw, who am I kidding...he'd have to get out of mom's basement first. Give 'em a break man, his hold on the job at the video store being a condescending prick is tenuous thanks to Netflix and the city bus stops running at dusk. If you are able to catch him at home I'm pretty sure masturbating time is between 7 and 11 though. Just don't want it to be...you know, weird.

Anyway, start saying Ork and you conjure up images of this guy, Gandalf

Posted Image

Last thing we need right now is a nonsensical verbal outburst from this speed freak. Sure he's had a couple of great movies, but there's a reason Mork & Mindy aren't in syndication.

But I digress...the cover of this one brings me back to the good old days of funny shaped die and +4 broadswords. Back to a time when chicks would look at a group of us and say...ewww. It's ironic that today it's cool to love sh*t like Harry Potter, but back then you couldn't get a girl to go near the dungeons and dragons crowd.

Posted Image

Get back dorks, I saw her first! Think we might have to adjust spanking time here...

This is Zoltan Vajda from Hungary and his EP is offered for free over at Ekto.

Posted Image

"I wish I were big..."

I bet you do sweet cheeks! Why you gotta be such a racist prick all the time?

Barlang- "Fix your mind on me."

We start on the light side of the forest. Birds chirping, dog barking...but a short jaunt into the forest can get you turned around. The breakbeat and Shpongle esque vocal manipulations give way to the dark. Rising and falling leads whirl across the ears, sometimes skipping a step. It's pulsating and brings some digital farts to your ears. Not bad.

Speaking Stones- "The speaking stones have lain a long time looking at the sun."

It gurgles and crunches as if just chewing up the bones of its last victim. Laser bursts fire rapidly and a melody unfurls right into the break. A new melody fires out in short pinpricks and it's twisted. I like the layers as they weave into each other.

Sweet Delight- "Every night and every morn, some to misery are born. Every morn and every night, some are born to sweep the light."

More pounding rhythms while sweeps crawl through the trees. After the sample a small but smooth melody twinkles into view and the layers begin to grow. Full steam ahead. Could've used a little more twists and turns for me.

Slendrian- "What you are about to see is inspired by true events."

With some electronic glitchy regurgitation this sounds less like forest trance and more a trip down experimental Suomi avenue. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it. Cause I did, with it's eerie bubbling melodies and strumming guitar. Not the first thing that I would reach for but having heard it, I appreciate it. Especially the brass and the Star Wars alien at the end. What the f*ck?

This wasn't your everyday forest release. First I don't think it was that dark, and who says that all forests are dark? I was in a forest the other day that was nice and light. There were some nice transitions that you don't see in a lot of forest trance and also it wasn't so heavy that you need to take a break. It's a nice take that sounds pretty good. Driving, melodic in places, and fresh with cool breaks. I would definitely say and up and comer. Not my favorite, but not bad either.

Ektoplazm

Mdk