Mind Rewind compilation

The psychedelic trance music from the early days of the scene holds a special place in many people’s hearts. The enthusiasm, emotion, and energy in the music was palpable to all who attended parties and listened to the music of the time. A dedicated group of collectors united from the Discogs forum have collaborated to produce a limited edition 2-CD set of rare tracks from the early days that is sure to bring some spine-tingling vibrations to fans of this music.

Mind Rewind features 20 tracks by some of the top artists of the scene, all of them new to CD. Much of the music played at parties in the early days circulated on digital audio tape and would not be released, only being heard at Goa-style events. This compilation on DAT Mafia Recordings features top tracks from these formative years of the psychedelic trance scene. There are three vinyl-only releases here, two of them featuring Simon Posford, with the rest having never been released in any format.

Among the gems are three tracks featuring Psychaos’ Joti Sidhu, two of them rare collaborations (one with Ofer, the other with Etnica); a different mix of Doof’s classic Mars Needs Women; a collaboration between Graham Wood of The Infinity Project and Serge Souque of Total Eclipse; and an unissued edit of Kwo-Ne-She by The Green Nuns of the Revolution that member Dick Trevor prefers to the released version. The other brilliant artists featured on the compilation include Etnica, Total Eclipse, Electric Universe, Dimension 5, Deflo, Zerotonine, Blue Planet Corporation, Slinky Nuns, The Muses Rapt, Uni-vers Concept, Infinite Zen, Mushroomman, and Aural Planet.

This limited edition release features tracks generously donated by the artists to raise money for the Goa-based charity Children Walking Tall, and is limited to 604 printed copies. With stunning graphic design and a 12-page booklet featuring detailed notes about the music and the sessions behind them provided by the artists themselves, this set is sure to be a treasured release for the trance-spotting collector.

Posted Image

Title: Mind Rewind

Label: DAT Mafia Recordings

Catalog#: DMRCD01

Format: 2 × CD, Compilation, Limited Edition

Released: 01 Sep 2011

Style: Goa Trance

Mastered by: Colin Bennun

CD1

01 Green Nuns Of The Revolution – Kwo-Ne-She (Original Unreleased Version)

02 Deflo – Salt Lake

03 Doof – Mars Needs Women (Just 3 Words Mix)

04 Etnichaos – The Other Side Of Reality

05 Dimension 5 – Ganymede (Guitar Mix)

06 Infinite Zen – Friends From Tau-Ceti

07 Etnica – Shadow Dance

08 Slinky Nuns – Caught In The Zipper

09 Zerotonine – Two Faces

10 Blue Planet Corporation – High NRG

CD2

01 Joti & Ofer – No Name

02 Total Eclipse – Sound Is Solid (Total Eclipse & Simon Posford Remix)

03 Graham & Serge – The Full Monty

04 The Muses Rapt – Mediums Of Trance

05 Psychaos – Return Voyage

06 Mushroomman – N.I.S.

07 Uni-Vers Concept – Phase One

08 Electric Universe – Rain (Original Unreleased Version)

09 Aural Planet – Changing My Mind

10 North Central Positronics – The Great Bear

Purchase information coming soon. In the meantime, check out the lovely details and audio clips…

http://goatranch.com/2011/08/23/mind-rewind/

This is one stunning compilation I have to say. Very good initiative by the Discogs crew. The tracks are suberb and leave behind all this generic neo-goa fuss - here's the real deal and in modern times! A vide variety of moods and elements - this is what this music was always all about, not just 8-10 tracks with the same patterns, which seems to be the basis for goa trance nowadays, leaving no room for exploring music other than fluffy melodic AP-clones, with the exception of very few artists. Soon I'll provide a review, as this one deserves it.

Ordered! Really looking forward to hearing this. Looks like one hell of a compilation and my expectations are skyhigh. But somehow I know, I will definitely not be disappointed :wub:

it was very, VERY hard to make this happen :). But with a lot of passion and hard work we managed! people now buy it, it's really a good cause the one of Children Walking tall!

just got it today (poland) to australia in no time)

FUCK ME I THINK I JUST CAME IN MY PANTS!!!!!

this is the best comp i have heard for a very very long time, u better hope there is more if u havn't ordered it yet

or u are missing out.

well done you discog boys and all others who made this happen, and going to a great cause.

wow that is all i can say.

when is the next one fed!!!!!!!!????????

keep em coming, u have us oldschoolers backing 100%

well done :D:o:blink:

nice

Dear Pat :)

Your reply is super fun but gives the idea of the excitement we all had while compiling it, we also kinda felt it was going to be awesome.

But is not my work alone, a lot of people worked very hard for this and all together we made it.

And yes people will miss out if they don't order it soon, rumors are it is selling out very fast!

BoOm

Dear Pat :)

Your reply is super fun but gives the idea of the excitement we all had while compiling it, we also kinda felt it was going to be awesome.

But is not my work alone, a lot of people worked very hard for this and all together we made it.

And yes people will miss out if they don't order it soon, rumors are it is selling out very fast!

BoOm

oh yes and deservedly so, one man alone could not possibly put this together.

pure perfection with colins icing on the cake.

• 2 weeks later...