Eldiavolo - Forest Inside Me EP

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Eldiavolo

Title: Forest Inside Me EP

Label: Psymoon Records

Date: August, 2010

1. Darkness Lies In The Forest (120 BPM)

2. Vicious (148 BPM)

3. Forest Is Inside Me (150 BPM)

4. Darkness Sound (150 BPM)

This is Simic Vladimir from Serbia with a 4 track EP that begins with a downtempo track. Love the idea of a downtempo forest track to get your mind right into the thick of things. Tellin' ya Serbians, Croatians, the Balkans...they're takin' sh*t over.

Darkness Lies In the Forest- "The full moon approaches."

A downtempo forest track? F*ck yeah! It's short, but nicely dark and twisted. A slow breakbeat with forest slime cascading down the trunks of ancient trees. Some twinkling sounds echo in the dark sounding like some old Exorcist sh*t. It heralds the coming of the dark but could've scared me even more. Get your popcorn ready.

Vicious- The longest track here. Twinkling synths ring above a rumbling bass line and dark samples as a scratchy lead escapes the sarcophagus. It just hammers away at the senses striping nerve endings to the bone with its relentless and unchanging assault. Creatures of the night lay in wait sensing an opportunity. Dark and atmospheric, just the way I like to be spoon fed.

Forest Is Inside Me- Hmmm, another short track. But how long does it take for the sounds of torture to scare the crap out of you? Angry voices scream in a language I can't possibly understand and a galloping melody rings with detuned satisfaction. The voices mock me and I am lost in this forest. How the hell did I get into this mess?

Posted Image

Darkness Sound- The melody is dark and eerie reminding me of a Trold or Derango nightmarish vision. A new lead slithers from behind a great moss covered oak in the manner of a cobra and without much variation snakes a path across the forest floor. Ashes from its touch flutter up in the air and just like that it's gone. I like the atmosphere and mood. Not too heavy, but melodic and sinister.

This guy has got the goods people. His music is dark yet melodic. Groovy and scary at the same time. He stays away from the darkpsy cliches, but still manages to create a nice atmosphere. His music is straight ahead and if there was one weak spot, it was that there needed to be more evolution in the tracks. But seeing as how this is an ep, perhaps it's just a taste. Not only did he make the music he did the mastering and the artwork which I liked a lot. Look forward to more from him.

Ektoplazm

Mdk