Where are you from?

Ormion

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was born in Germany, Bad Canstatt, Stuttgart, on an Army base.

since then I've lived in the U.S.: Washington, Arizona, Colorado, Illinois and Texas.

currently I live in Illinois. probably forever. Posted Image

I'm Greek btw.

I was in Greece in 2004/2005. I think and at that time I really enjoyed there, especially when we arrived in Patras and after that visited Mikena. View from Acropolis of Athens is also great, watching endless buildings from each side is really nice, at that time we visited all major archeological sites and it was great trip.

It would be great if we can post some images aswell from our places (just like Jon did), for example my hometown is well known by being a ''City of Croatian Kings'' and stronghold/fortress above the city was build in 9th century. It's still one of the most known european fortress from that peroid and it was long time center of Croatian Kingdom. There is another important cultural and archeological place near Knin - a town called Burnum, which served as an Illyrian and Roman military camp in the 1st century BC.

And now some images :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Few images from party that we held on fortress (2005):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:)

Man I dig pics of old architecture. Kind of makes me wish I could go on a European tour and see the old sites. I'm sure you guys over there are probably like whatever seen it a million times hehe much like we statesides are about our landmarks and stuff. I have a friend nearby who recently went to Ireland, and all the pics she posted on facebook all I could do is check out the buildings behind in each one, could really care less about her pics of herself and people she went with. XD

I was in Greece in 2004/2005. I think and at that time I really enjoyed there, especially when we arrived in Patras and after that visited Mikena. View from Acropolis of Athens is also great, watching endless buildings from each side is really nice, at that time we visited all major archeological sites and it was great trip.

It would be great if we can post some images aswell from our places (just like Jon did), for example my hometown is well known by being a ''City of Croatian Kings'' and stronghold/fortress above the city was build in 9th century. It's still one of the most known european fortress from that peroid and it was long time center of Croatian Kingdom. There is another important cultural and archeological place near Knin - a town called Burnum, which served as an Illyrian and Roman military camp in the 1st century BC.

And now some images :) (snip)

I am from Austria.

No I'm not going to post the song (there is one that goes like that and I feel kinda that aaaaalll Austrians are obliged to like it, I don't)...

I am from Vienna though, which is a shit town imo. Don't listen to people who have been here as tourists, they may find it nice, but living here is different. The upperclass districts are nice with their huge flats and big beautiful old houses, but the lowerclass scum buildings are crap. As I can't afford the former, I live in the latter. People scream on the streets, they scream in the yard (that some kids shall keep it down or it's an immigrant family quarrelling), bums sleeping in the alleys nearby, they broke into my cellar twice and if you leave anything on the street it gets stolen.

I'd have committed suicide if I was not having a big park in walking distance from my house...

No, I'm not going to post pictures, I'm so fed up of the town being so full of people I only hate it. If you dig something up, you may find it nice. And for a tourist it even is. And don't think I am that grumpy, if you come here, I'll be happy to meet up :)

I could go on a European tour and see the old sites

You should :) Just like many people from Europe would love to check out some parts of North and South America. In my case I would give my left testicle to check Peru, Amazon jungles, Canada and Grand Canyon.

well hell dude I'm sure that kind of crap is everywhere. There's plently of places in the states where one would rather die than grow up in misery. Some places you fight for everything you have everyday, people shooting each other and stealing from each other, and twisted cops take what you have left. I'm sure that's no consolation, but America isn't full of a lovely dream life for everyone. And our economy is going downhill fast. The wealthy wants to rule the world, but all they're going to end up ruling is a desolate landscape full of hungry people ready to revolt.

When I visited beautiful Playa Del Carmen, Mexico @ a resort, I found it odd that beyond these gorgeous beaches lies the slummiest dwellings people call homes. Stucko buildings with 10+ people living in them, clotheslines running from the house to the nearest dead tree. Cops are corrupted, drug lords reign, it's best to just stay on the resorts where you're safe.

I am from Austria.

I am from Vienna though, which is a shit town imo. Don't listen to people who have been here as tourists, they may find it nice, but living here is different. The upperclass districts are nice with their huge flats and big beautiful old houses, but the lowerclass scum buildings are crap. As I can't afford the former, I live in the latter. People scream on the streets, they scream in the yard (that some kids shall keep it down or it's an immigrant family quarrelling), bums sleeping in the alleys nearby, they broke into my cellar twice and if you leave anything on the street it gets stolen.

I'd have committed suicide if I was not having a big park in walking distance from my house...

No, I'm not going to post pictures, I'm so fed up of the town being so full of people I only hate it. If you dig something up, you may find it nice. And for a tourist it even is. And don't think I am that grumpy, if you come here, I'll be happy to meet up :)

You should :) Just like many people from Europe would love to check out some parts of North and South America. In my case I would give my left testicle to check Peru, Amazon jungles, Canada and Grand Canyon.

The Grand Canyon is pretty cool I've seen it three times. It never gets old. When you look out and see it, it almost looks fake, like you're looking at a painting. The last time I saw it we (my parents and I in 1992) took a train ride (on an old coal locomotive) but I forget what town we went from.

I'd like to see some of the ruins in South America but man I'd be afraid of all those myths of people getting kidnapped and sold back to their families.. I did get to see the ruins in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico though.