Xenomorph - "Qlippoth" Review.

Guest Mike D

Guest Mike D

Had this cd for 24 hours, had about 4-5 listens... is best on a stereo with very good bass... very chaotic sounds, and lots of horror movie samples, exactly what you expect from Xenomorph... if you have Ritual Dance compilation you know what to expect as Tree Of Death is already on that... and I think if you like Sandman's first two albums you'd enjoy this... good with the lights off... and track five has a really cool change of pace about halfway... if you want something different then grab it ;)

Guest Mike D

Yeah if you want something chaotic and a bit experimental it is good, a nice change from every day generic psy trance, not that that is bad stuff but... I"ll warn that the first track is kinda slow and the last one is very downtempo...

mm I want this cd too !!!! the samples at saikosounds sounds very good !!!

xenomorph would be one of absolute favourites artists for the moment !!

Guest Mindtwister

Whaaa!

Just listened to the samples on saikosound and what an album!!!

Scarriest and darkest stuff i have ever heard!!!

Im will get nightmares for sure ;-)

Must get this one!!!

Take Care

• 2 weeks later...
Guest funghi

The all album it was killlerrrr, very powerfull horroristic trance!!!! Very nicework from Mark!!!!! 8)

and one nice track too: Xeno- silimaki murder tool kit rmx!!!

BooM!!!

• 1 year later...

Basilisk : you have done great job :) first i was thinking how you dare to try to review such a jewel, which is self explanatory by its music itself :) very good review.

I didn't quite liked the album. Yes, he has his unique style but the production is really bad. I didn't expect that from person that is in the scene since 1997. This album sounds way too random and pretty minimal. I only like 3 songs : THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM, ANTIMATTER, QLIPPOTH...Rest didn't grab me or even turn me off, which is rarely with intelligent trance. This album might be intelligent in the way he uses sounds but the structure is way too minimal and at a lot of stages pretty monotonous. I wouldn't call this album a jewel, it is ceratinly more innovative than heaps of full on releases but this idea and vision should have been presented in a better way. There are heaps of boring samples from the movies. If the production was better and if the level of twistedness reached incredible than just twisted as a sake of twisted, this album would be great, but it tends to loose somewhere in between and completely turns to sound degenarate...6/10

The only track by Xenomorph I liked for quite a long time was Neurotoxin. But when I listened to Tzelmavet for the first time I understood that I had missed something in his music. I rediscovered Cassandra's Nightmare as one of the all-time gems and Qlippoth as one of the best releases after the millenium... Tzelmavet & Antimatter are the great tracks!

P.S.: I also appreciate Mark Petrick made everything for his latest album by himself, even the cover graphics.

XENOMORPH - QLIPPOTH (2003)

1. Sepulchre
2. Haunted
3. Tzelmavet
4. The Pit and the Pendulum
5. Gehinom
6. Shaari Avadon
7. Tree of Death
8. Antimatter
9. Qlippoth

Xenmorph's Qlippoth is the sequel to Mark Petrick's debut album Cassandra's Nightmare, and sole for those interested in exploring authentic, high quality DARK/EVIL Psytrance with Goa influence. Cassandra's Nightmare is regarded as one of, if not (arguably) the best dark [horror dark] Psy/Goa-Trance album of its time.

Haunting, disturbing, satantic influenced and yet electrically catchy with some of the best sound/melody, atmospheric and compositional work I've ever heard in a dark psy/goa album. Not every song is stellar IMO, though the general song is great, unpredictable (at times) and deranged was F&#K!!! 

This album defines or re-defines what EVIL DARK PSY/GOA TRANCE is. Qlippoth is more mature than Cassandra's Nightmare that's grown on me since my initial criticism.

This artist's work is darkly imaginative, ambitious, powerful, and visionary. 

Also, those into evil, dark... check out the psytrance comp: There Is No Tomorrow.

Make sure you get Sandman - Witchcraft as well then ;) and oh! great album "Qlippoth" , bit 'minimal' at times though

• 2 weeks later...
psypunkxk said:

Oh yes, Xenomorph is spooky and he is gonna be in

Athens for a live set on 12/2/05.

We're waiting :ph34r:

212296[/snapback]

Any news on a third, main album from Xenomorph???

I wonder how long before another main release.

The time between his first album and the second was 3-4 years I think!

qlipoth YO one of the best and unique psy trance releases...nothing more...nothing less...no comments!.! mark petrick. :huh: hats oFF

210604[/snapback]

totaly agree with agia_igoumeni 1 and only xenomorph

haunted,tzelmavet,shaari avadon...the hell is near RESPECT!

cant wait his 3rd guitar addicted one...pure evil.....