Artist: Therange Freak

Title: Tales From the Swamp EP

Label: Liquid Tune Records

Date: July, 2010

1. Lsd (150 BPM)

2. Nightshade (150 BPM)

3. Dmt (150 BPM)

4. Jazzcid (150 BPM)

This is some spooky sh*t. Therange Freak aka Jar Jar Binks (stupidest name out there...why would you choose that? Everyone hated that motherf*cker. Unless that's your real name in which case my apoligies. Not because I'm sorry for insulting you, but because if your parents really named you that, then high school must've been a bitch. Never had a chance did you?)

Anyhoo, he is from Macedonia. Where? Is that where they make them nut thingies? Excuse my ignorance, but in case you haven't heard the US education system lacks, oh I don't know...education.

Posted Image

See, instead of shopping for a belt, this kumquat is looking for the latest Iphone. At wal-mart. That's not gonna hold your pants up f*cknut. But Walmart has long been the destination for that more...discriminating shopper.

Posted Image

Haha, f*ck you Target.

Now I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I think this individual has experimented with drugs. I know, I'm clairvoyant.

LSD- From the dank smoky rooms of the east's opium dens comes this bit o darkness. Hallucinatory to the core with wailing and bubbling effects. It's layered nicely and I can see the visions closing in. Nice.

Nightshade- With a skittering of sounds the curtain rises on the Louisiana bayou. It's dark and other worldly, but it lacks the presence of the previous track. Kinda just straight ahead. Did he just say, "Get some lube in there."

Posted Image

C'mon baby, you'll love it! Hey! Get back here!

dmt- LSD & DMT on the same EP? Add Jazzcid and we might have to stage an intervention. Squelches and a rolling bass line join an eerie twinkling. Love the grungy breakbeat and layering of the sticky icky. Good track, but it kinda faded towards the end.

Jazzcid- A piano right out of a 1920's speakeasy in a forest tune? Hmmm...one of these things is not like the other.

Posted Image

Kill it! Kill it before it has time to spawn! F*ck a duck that b*tch is huge.

It ain't long before the whippoorwills descend on lily pads and the liquid darkness begins to ooze. Chopped up synths add a little melody as the squirty effects continue to rain down. Some I liked, some I didn't. The chanting above the breakbeat was unexpectedly funky. Not too shabby.

Nice little forest EP. He brought some interesting transitions into his tracks to keep them interesting. Dark and moody with some eerie touches. Sometimes is descended into average, but mostly it was pretty good. Give it a go.

Ektoplazm

Mdk