Title: Under The Moss

Label: Forest Freaks

Date: November, 2009

1. Triphonic - Vibe (140 BPM)

2. Gido - Controling Fx (142 BPM)

3. Ziog - Good Looking Ghost (145 BPM)

4. D.F.S. - Zero Degrees (145 BPM)

5. Schizoid Bears - Growing (145 BPM)

6. Re-Horakhty - Dreamy Cybernetic (148 BPM)

7. Cenotes - Creeps (148 BPM)

8. DoHm - Tabby Tail In Heaven (148 BPM)

9. MagicFungus - Deep Vortex (149 BPM)

10. Cto Gram - It's Too Late For The Fall (152 BPM)

The very first release from Lithuania! I said...the very first release from Lithuania!!

It's ok guys, you can applaud.

Posted Image

Nah, don't worry about it he's gone. We f*cking killed him.

Posted Image

No he's dead too. Geez, you guys have certainly been oppressed. Welcome to the world of psytrance and congratulations on your first release. I don't know any of these artists but who gives a f*ck? Well, that's not true, I know of Gido and DoHm as I reviewed some EP's they released. Know what sold me? Ok, so it's free and I didn't have to be sold, but do you know why I downloaded it? Because it had the coolest cover in the history of covers! It's like the darkness possessed Snuffleupagus! Waitaminute....that IS him isn't it? When he's not punching a clock and being surrounded by all these annoying kids and puppets he heads to the forest for some night time fun. I knew it. He probably eats children. Man....you think you know someone.

Vibe- "Any place in the path of a hologram where you make one little change...if you make one tiny change...it's mirrored throughout the rest of the hologram."

So we begin with a progressive trance track that starts to grow like...uh, moss. Pretty minimal at first, but the effects take care of that and the eerie melody at 2 minutes sent chills down my spine. Infrequent to start but then he built around it. Kinda came out of nowhere, you know? The break is short but sweet as the track growls to its conclusion. It's dark and creepy as if daring you to enter this forest. Loved it.

Controling Fx- Gido had one of the colored EP's.

Posted Image

Oh bullsh*t! No it isn't. He did, he released green or blue or purple whatever the f*ck it was. Hold on let me go into the vault and find it.

Posted Image

Gotta be down this...no. Wait, I think once I turn the corner it'll be...What the f*ck!?! I swear I just went down this motherf*ckin' hallway! Who the f*ck painted this sh*t? Here's my review of his EP. You're welcome.

This is another "psygressive" track that has some forest elements in it. It bubbles and spurts and it's done very well. The effects work well and it reminds me of British psytrance like you would find on Temple of One. Only with a dark and twisted intent.

Good Looking Ghost- So...when does the track start? Wait..it's been going on? Wow, I thought I heard something in the background...

Posted Image

I dunno anonymous gay black guy, but I think they fell asleep at the sequencer.

Zero Degrees- It gets going at around two minutes with a psy sledgehammer and a goa sounding lead. I see we didn't forget to pack our dancing shoes!?! Reminds me of Kiriyama. Halfway through the lead switches and there is virtually no change for the rest of the track. Loses big points there. 1st half...pretty good. 2nd half...ZZZzzzzz....

Growing- First I hated it, but this one grew on me. It has elements of forest of course, but also some tribal touches which give it an ancient feel. The saxophone lead sound kinda puts me off and it feels thrown together, but it's still an enjoyable listen. Lots of kooky sounds that you wouldn't put together.

Dreamy Cybernetic- Is that a coyote? Shut the f*ck up coyote! I'm enjoying this dark themed track with nice pads and forest atmosphere. I wouldn't call this forest trance though it is leaning towards the dark side. It has shimmering synths and a driving beat. The pads and ping pong lead are futuristic but it's a delightful contradiction in styles with some forest sounds thrown in. Halfway through the scary effects come out to play and what is out there is a lot bigger than I had feared. A nice post apocalyptic track with some symphonic qualities.

Creeps- "A reddening of the eyes, lowered body temperature and lights up a joint in honor of his visitors."

Undulating sound that grows in intensity amidst the backdrop of eerie strings. The forest sounds erupt in a frenzy from behind every moss covered tree it seems. The screaming lead gets twisted all to hell as the lasers fire intermittently. It's evident that everything before was leading up to this...this moment. Great track!

Posted Image

All right...maybe just one hit...but then I gotta go.

Tabby Tail In Heaven- His EP Swampology was f*cking awesome so this should be a treat. His ability to combine fear and melody without beating you down with darkpsy is very appealing. Like his EP it's forest meets twilight and the only light you can see is from the full moon. The track moves well and it feels like a chase with something dark and evil right on your tail. It loses a little steam towards the end but it's dark and entertaining.

Deep Vortex- Skittering sounds flutter past me but every time I turn around they are already gone. The bubbling is visceral and gets thicker like the muck I just stepped in. In the forest, everything can kill you. Don't know whether to look up or down as it seems everything moves. Pretty cool, with all the gurgling and liquid sounds you realize that the more you struggle the faster you sink.

It's Too Late For the Fall- "Some thoughts have a certain sound, that being the equivalent to a form. Through sound and motion, you will be able to paralyze nerves, shatter bones, set fires, suffocate an enemy or burst his organs."

A quote from the movie that spawned a generation of sci-fi nerds busts out with a very fast track. Your forest sounds are palpable and I can feel them all around me. What the hell was that!? I dunno but it sounded hungry. Wobbly synths are starting to weigh heavily upon me, almost forcing me into the abyss, but I persevere. Warping sounds and juicy forest blasts are the stuff of nightmares. Powerful closer.

Posted Image

Don't turn away from this gif...unless you're you know...scared. Cre...wait for it...py.

This was quite good. Nah, damn good. The first half was a dark progressive style and the second dumped you right into the forest. Both halves had their strong tracks. The ones that were good were really damn good. I highly recommend this if you like it thumping and dark.

Ektoplazm

Mdk