Underworld ripped off Shpongle???

Now I don't know who ripped whom off, but the voice part in Underworld's Dinosaur Life 3D and Shponle's 7th revelation (on Secrets of the 13 Crystal Skulls) sound WAY too much the same to be a simple coincidence IMO. So what's the deal here??? Both are respectable artists so I'm amazed they'd even think of doing such a thing!!

SMI²LE

Guest Bahamut

I don't know those tracks but could it be that they used the same sample cd?

I recently downloaded a demo from a certain sample cd and I was a bit surprised to hear the starting vocals from Divine Moments of Truth :)

Guest Zaramatu

I recently downloaded a demo from a certain sample cd and I was a bit surprised to hear the starting vocals from Divine Moments of Truth

I've heard that sample in some other track, but I can't recall which track.

I think it was a track by the chill-out group Mystic Diversions (I have two of their albums). It's not exactly a unique Shpongle-sample for sure...

Guest morpheon

well its a new world............................. now a days maybe they converged their mzk BUt Shpongle has many sampls from KLF .....................but dudes its okay as long everyone has his/her own style of making it and as long as its nicely done .........................................

PEACE

Guest Hippie

it`s a male voice from "around the world..." .....my favourite Shpongle`s track ..heh ...can`t believe .....what a songs they make of those samples ...

no no no, it's not a sample, it's the WAY the dude signs (is it Simon P himself?) mean the altered voice in which he says "Crystal skulls" and then starts singing and such. The EXACT same effects and altered voice and burst into singing are in the Underwrold track!!! And I was talking about the 2nd comp micheru, sorry :-(

SMI²LE

Guest --==1400MiLeS==--

I have two words for Simon P.: Ben Watkins

If he needs a female singer he simply invites Natascha Atlas in the studio...Some tribal drumming? A ten piece tribal act can go jam along...

Guest Bahamut

what is more difficult.. creating complex beats with some basic loops and single percussion samples ... or .. simply sampling what the tribal drummers are playing ghehehe :P IMO they are both great but in a different way

hey at least posford does justice to these nice sample cd's.. somebody's gotta use 'm right, that's what they are for! :)

Guest Hippie

now i`m realy supprised ......Paco de Lucia + voices of Istanbul samples + what else? + Shpongle = around the world in tea daze .....well ..the name of this track is just perfect ....around the world ..Spain, India, Turkey, England .....what idea ..

Guest kakoOlalaJwal

About the Voices of Istambul Cd, it's been also used twice by the Asuras on their Lost Eden album..

And to Sky : They have definitaly used samples bank, boy... Just read some interviews :)

Peace !

In my opinion Underworld did not rip off Shpongle or other way around... it's just a coincidence that they made a little bit similar sounding vocals.... and even if they got some inspiration from others I wouldn't call it rip off in this case.. just.. er.. inspiratio. And I must say it's weird if you don't hear the Paco de Lucia sample (Travellers link) in 'Around the World in a Tea Daze'... :)