Date: December, 2010

1. Expedition Greenland (146 BPM)

2. Action These Days (146 BPM)

3. Espero P.C. Peace (146 BPM)

4. Caballemos (149 BPM)

5. Caminiesta (148 BPM)

Posted Image

See that?

This is what our government is doing to the American people. I've been reviewing a lot of free stuff lately because right now my financial situation mirrors that of the United States. Lots of debt and not enough coming in. However my credit's still good and I am actually in the process of taking care of it. That's where I deviate from the monkeyf*ckers that profess to run the country. You know what? I don't miss paying for releases. Not when Ektoplazm has my back. So much quality music for free. Sure, I would love to get the new Lost & Found disc as well as CBL's new one. All in due time I suppose.

This is Matakana and Sequin who are so popular that they need only go by one name. Like Madonna I guess. The artwork is in the style of simple drawing and colors that seems to be so popular these days. Some hallucinatory stuff here, yessir! This EP actually tells the story of the search for a sheep that strayed from the Austrian forest.

Posted Image

I know Oprah, right? Too much hookah pipe.

*puts finger to ear* My lawyers tell me that I need to clarify that this is not Oprah, Precious, or the chubby black girl from Glee that can sing really well.

Expedition Greenland- You know Greenland was named in an effort to mislead people into thinking it was a fertile and great place when actually it has more ice than Puffy did before he killed Biggie. It's true, look it up, he killed him.

*puts finger to ear again* Really? Jesus, everyone knows he did it. Why do I have to say allegedly?

It sounds like most darkpsy with the monotone bass line and scratchy synths, but then it gets a little more forest friendly around 4 minutes. Still it had it's moments...it was a little cool.

Posted Image

Uh, no...it wasn't.

Action These Days- The break (yeah I know there really was one!) was fairly cool and then right back into action. The same action you've heard let's see what's the count now? 465,258,853 times. Same bass line, abrasive lead...yadda yadda.

Espero P.C. Peace- "Nice to finally meet you."

And you as well! Pretty good darkness here with forest bubbles popping up all over the place. I think it needs more farting sounds though. Not enough liquid bubbling if you know what I mean. You know the type when you are just praying that the backwoods rest stop that you may be fortunate enough to get to doesn't already have a chocolate bar in the pool. Not great, but not bad either with a little more focus on atmosphere.

Caballemos- "Some people lose their faith because Heaven shows them too little. How many lose their faith because Heaven shows them too much?"

What an awesome sample from a totally awesome movie. Now my German is a little rusty, but I think that means take you and your melodies and

Posted Image

*Sighs heavily and rolls eyes after putting finger to ear yet again* I know it's not German, that's part of the joke. You got one more time before I rip this f*cking thing out! This actually is the most foresty track. Lots of sounds and some actual eerie, wailing strings. The darkness is still firmly in place and it's my 2nd favorite one here.

Caminiesta- You better not spread this around, if people find out that you're putting melodies in your darkpsy they're gonna kick you out of the club. Just kidding, don't get your panties in a wad darkpsy people. This is the most melodic track in the EP and a perfect bridge to bring people like me to the dark side who are not usually comfortable there. The bass line still rumbles but there is a small pinprick of light to not drive me away. Plenty of cool effects too. It even gets a little acid wash near the end. Kudos!

I swear you look at all the comments for releases and you'd think you were at Isratrance or an artist's family reunion. Nothing but praise which is good I suppose. Mom always said if you don't have anything nice to say...I'm not a darkpsy fan or a connoisseur if you will, so take this review with that in mind. I'm just having a little fun. As always, judge for yourself. This may've been a little too heavy for me and sounded samey for most of the tracks. Moments were there but it just was too dark and uninteresting.

*rips earpiece out of ear and crushes with foot*

Posted Image

No! F*ck you I'm done! Done!

Ektoplazm

Mdk