Title: Sleeping Giant EP

Label: Panzar Produktionz

Date: June, 2011

1. Sleeping Giant (135 BPM)

2. B.I.L.L. (132 BPM)

3. Voices (135 BPM)

4. Tree-Dimensional (135 BPM)

5. Holy Mountainz (136 BPM)

Panzar Produktionz recently delivered the Pusherstreet Ep which I promptly tried to give back. Don't feel bad, they can't all be home runs. Some people don't like exercise, what are you gonna do? But to those that don't like exercise I would say...

Posted Image

Dude...what's not to like?

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance ain't that right Lindsay? What are the odds that another disappointment is on the horizon? Hmmm...that might not be the best example. So here I go again checking out one of the latest releases from the Panzar armory which is again supplied for free over at Ektoplazm. Elegy is Daniel Mair based in Italy with a progressive style that reminds me of those titans of the genre Flegma and Nerso.

Sleeping Giant- And it is just that with deep sweeps and slow attack rates that echo a tribal feel. The synths are spider web delicate touches that dance above the low bass line. It's packed with emotion and super smooth without being in your face.

B.I.L.L.- "The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real cause that's how powerful our minds are."

Hold up, I can figure this out. But I Love Lesbians. Big Ideas Live Long. Who knows, but Daniel continues where he left off with wonderful effects creating a nice atmosphere. The tempo is not too fast and possesses a drifting quality with a subdued, eerie, melody. The above sample is superbly placed and fits the mood of the track as it is expounded on. More cool pulsating smoothness.

Posted Image

Voices- I hear voices...they tell me to do things

Posted Image

Who wants cake?

One of the most emotional breaks. Ever. So f*cking smooth with soft progressive touches. Alien skittering effects and a change in tempo. Another triumph!

Tree-Dimensional- This guy gets off to smooth starts with no jarring sounds or buildups to generate his atmosphere. All his synths are like soft rain on a pond with small ripples signifying the growth and evolution of the track. The sample is very brainy but slides in nicely with the keystrokes. Good stuff.

Holy Mountainz- As I told Liam from Pusherstreet, I love z's. So if you put a z on the plural of mountains, it makes the mountains seem more relaxed. And they need it. Sweeps and echoing effects set the table to create movement. Twinkling leads prance above the spiritual space high atop great peaks wrapping one in a warm embrace. Nice and light as new sounds are added as the track evolves. Super!

Wow that was a thick slice of awesome! Smooth, melodic and deeply atmospheric progressive trance. Make no mistake, this was dark with an emotional component. Never overbearing, but always entrancing. You know how a lot of progressive makes you wish you were on the beach? This is for sunset watching in the winter atop the highest peaks. This guy needs to be paid for his work and Panzar should ride this pony for all it's worth. I will be gleefully looking forward to more stuff from Daniel. Get it.

Ektoplazm

Mdk

• 1 month later...

Wow!!

Nice interesting reading.

Im proud that Daniel is on my label.

When i first met him he was one of the arrengers for The Reanissance Festival in Italy, beautiful place up in the alps.

Last day on festival this guy goes up and delivers his first live set ever, with a attitude and playfullness witch i have never seen

before.

I talked to him directly when he got of stage and signed him on spot. :)

Daniel Mair aka Elegy will have his debut album release, on Panzar Produktionz

later this year, and it will be available for download on all major (Pay&Download) sites online.

Panzar Produktionz is moving from free releases to offer our artist to choose, free or commercial.

So alot more from Panzar will be commercial releases in future starting this fall, 2011.

Great review!

Dont forgett, to have a listen to our latest release, Vishudda - The 5th Chakra, Out now on Ektoplazm

&

Panzar Produktionz Music Page