"VA - Liquid Legacy"

survey1

Hi there, this review is dedicated to Mr. Trance2MoveU for his imagination to do reviews, keep it up bro B)

Album......: VA - Liquid Legacy-Compiled By Sidhartha

Genre......: Psychedelic

Label......: Hypergate Records

Catalogue..: HGRCD008

Url........: www.hypergate-records.com

Tracklist:

1.-Sidhartha Vs. Alienn - Liquid Legacy

2.-Karmacrop Vs. Geko - Explain Yourself

3.-Khopat - Full Encoding

4.-Spector Vs. Neurotronik - Power Of The Fear

5.-Tryon - Resonance

6.-Sidhartha - Omniverse

7.-Klacid - Train Your Brain

8.-D-Maniac - Personal Decisions

9.-Nature Disaster Vs. Shaddai - Clone Wars

10.-Magneto Vs. Brainwash - The Trip

After seeing the tracklist i thought, Sidhartha can do better than this:

Posted Image

1.-Sidhartha Vs. Alienn - Liquid Legacy

A collaboration from these two has potencial to turn into something amazing, but it was not really the case.

The intro doesn't remind me at all none of the artists involved in this track, then the kick/bass starts and we are starting to get a bunch of known effects and leads by the two artists. As the track evolves it gets more intense but nothing unexpected happens nor the breaks are complex. The end is still the best part of the track, but nothing we never heard before. Average "plus" track, considering the potencial involved.

7.5/10

2.-Karmacrop Vs. Geko - Explain Yourself

The begining is promising, with good filtred snare loops and good pace. The break at 02:00 is too long and doesnt enter with much power, only after a break or 2 it gets better. Again the end is the best part, but nothing spectacular.

7.5/10

3.-Khopat - Full Encoding

I had great expectations about this track, because im loving new Khopat tracks and this track is a big WOW!!!

Posted Image

The start is typically Khopat's style. At 01:10 we start having fun and jumping, and from then to the end it's a non stop full-on journey with very inteligent starts and breaks that left your brain melted hehe. From 02:30 and on we get a jaw-dropping in your face masterpeace by khopat until the end.

One of, if not his best track to date, simply amazing track, the compilation is worth only for this track ;) Very good job my "friend" Vasco and don't get upset, because i love your work and respect it a lot ;)

After some listenings of this track i found myself dancing like this old drunk guy:

Posted Image

9.5/10

So far so good:

Posted Image

2 average/good tracks and a "Shockwave Bomb", let's go to the next one, shall we?

4.-Spector Vs. Neurotronik - Power Of The Fear

I don't really know these two artists very well, so i don't know what to expect, but from what im hearing it has good pads and some good snare breaks. This one is more on the melodic side of full-on even if the melodies are the scary type. This one has a really good pace, good melodies and breaks. It grabbed me yes sir.

8/10

5.-Tryon - Resonance

Sorry but like this track, i've heard many times before, not much to say about this track because it's very average. Some goos breaks and melodies here and there but nothing to write home about. In the end the things get better but thet do not overshadow the rest.

6.5/10

6.-Sidhartha - Omniverse

Sidhartha wastes no time and delivers the kick/bass soon in the track. He does not do bad tracks and this one is no exception, even thought i heard better from him, because i love his work. A solid 8.

8/10

7.-Klacid - Train Your Brain

Wow , this one is a burner, really cool effects and leads with good rhythm. I'm starting to like this guy because he manages to grab us until the very end of the track, and that's a good think i guess.

9/10

8.-D-Maniac - Personal Decisions

Again, wow, i say this because there are so many portuguese artists in this compilation ;)

Now we have a more light side of the full-on, but really it doesn't grab me so much, full-on is power and this is more on the morning side for me. He made a good job on this one, but i think it doesn't fit well on this compilation. After another listening i thought i had to put the thing below:

Posted Image

Are they f#cking with me and i don't know?

6/10

9.-Nature Disaster Vs. Shaddai - Clone Wars

Back to the twilight, here we have a good collaboration with each one making his part of the song very well, good one yes, the end is amazing imo.

8/10

10.-Magneto Vs. Brainwash - The Trip

Great premise ;) Magneto + Brainwash = Brain Melting Bomb !!! Really? Not so much... And that's a shame, but it stays the effort, because after all the tracks i listened before, exception made to D_Maniac this one doesn't really stand out. Many break and sh!t but nothig really effective, if you know what i mean.

7.5/10

Final thoughts:

After seeing the "crew" involved in this compilation i thought: It's going to be one hell of a compilation, and it was, but hell got a little bit colder after track 6 ;)

Go buy it, because it's worth it, only for the Khopat track hihi, cheers.

Ps:I hope this review does a little justice on Trance2MoveU excelent reviews ;)

Going to bed im tired after trying to make this:

Posted Image

:P

Fabulous!

If the point of a review is to educate and entertain then you scored on both accounts. It takes some time to do reviews as you well know and sometimes the humor as the reviewer sees it might not come across to the readers. Always a tightrope to walk.

Way to go survey1 I'm flattered.

Mdk

• 3 weeks later...

another killer night full-on comp... lately I find that this is the best substyle of psytrance, I can't get enough of it :) Ok, I suppose that there will be a point in time where there will be so many releases in the style that I will eventually get sick of it but for now I'm really liking it! faves: 1(!!), 3(!!), 4, 7, 9(!!)

4/5

another killer night full-on comp...

[nerd]The proper term would be twilight psy. Specifically the portuguese style.[/nerd]

I agree this is a very good compilation. Much better than the latest twilight I bought.