Melodies are forever

Kalki

I feel change in my tastes these days.Cant take those heavy kicks any more. Getting headache when I listen to them. Preferring more of melodic tracks with soft kicks. But still feels like not getting what I am looking for :unsure:

• Like 1

I guess this wasn't the most discussion-inspiring thread ever, but I agree personally. One of the main reasons i started to listen to psychedelic trance back in the mid-90's was Astral Projections and others wonderful melodies. Ever since I have had a hard time appreciating trance that I find to be lacking in that department. So I practically find all the dark I've heard (I'm no expert on dark though) pretty dull, and almost all Full-on, whether it be at home or on a dance-floor. In fact, although I find alot of the old-school goa (90's and early 00's) to sound pretty dated in many ways, I still find the best songs from that era to be among the very best trance-tunes created. That isn't to say that I don't listen to anything but old goa-trance, though. I just love Vibrasphere and Ovnimoon for example.

Oh, and hi! I'm new to the forum.

• Like 1

I feel change in my tastes these days.Cant take those heavy kicks any more. Getting headache when I listen to them. Preferring more of melodic tracks with soft kicks. But still feels like not getting what I am looking for :unsure:

You could always try nineties intelligent techno or tech-house. That's what I listen to when psy-trance isn't warm/melodious enough.

• Like 1

I'm curious how you define hard/soft kicks.

Personally, I don't like sharp kicks. But I like hard kicks.

• Like 1

Grab a few beers and smoke a spliff... then listen. I personally can't say goodbye to these heavy hard hitting psykicks, they sound like hammers smashing against your skull, totally addictive!
  • Like 1

Grab a few beers and smoke a spliff... then listen. I personally can't say goodbye to these heavy hard hitting psykicks, they sound like hammers smashing against your skull, totally addictive!

+1 to speakerhugging and psykicks!
  • Like 1

You could always try nineties intelligent techno or tech-house. That's what I listen to when psy-trance isn't warm/melodious enough.

Hmmm..yeah it can be like light turned on in a dark room.

But I still prefer something trancy and spiritual.I find Hindustani classical really trippy and meditative.But never really gone in to it. Still its Goa going on.

• Like 1

I guess this wasn't the most discussion-inspiring thread ever, but I agree personally. One of the main reasons i started to listen to psychedelic trance back in the mid-90's was Astral Projections and others wonderful melodies. Ever since I have had a hard time appreciating trance that I find to be lacking in that department. So I practically find all the dark I've heard (I'm no expert on dark though) pretty dull, and almost all Full-on, whether it be at home or on a dance-floor. In fact, although I find alot of the old-school goa (90's and early 00's) to sound pretty dated in many ways, I still find the best songs from that era to be among the very best trance-tunes created. That isn't to say that I don't listen to anything but old goa-trance, though. I just love Vibrasphere and Ovnimoon for example.

Oh, and hi! I'm new to the forum.

The psytrance I heard fist was 1200 Micrograms– 1200 Micrograms

The only psytrance I still find refreshing is 1200 Micrograms– 1200 Micrograms. Meaningful tracks with good story.(forgive me people)

• Like 1

The psytrance I heard fi[r]st was 1200 Micrograms– 1200 Micrograms

+1

The only psytrance I still find refreshing is 1200 Micrograms– 1200 Micrograms.

• Like 1

I'm curious how you define hard/soft kicks.

Personally, I don't like sharp kicks. But I like hard kicks.

Hard is to define it with words as there are so many variations.I think its the volume of the kick that bothers me. I generally do not like kicks with sharp edges used in new-school.

Love the kick used in DJ maryJane's album Trust in Trance. Its hard but soft

http://soundcloud.com/shivoham-nitin/mystical-mist-on-mount-1

Listen to my latest track. You will know what I am talking about.

Pls dont hit me out of this forum :blush:

+1

I always land in zero :mad:

I always land in zero :mad:

In Mathematics lol

I find myself already relaxed. May be thats the reason ;)
  • Like 1

I don't see how that music could satisfy the hunger for great, melancholic, climaxes. From what I've heard, the old, more ambient IDM has very dull and languid melodic tendencies.

Maybe I've missed something but I think a way better place to look for melodies and similar psychedelic mood to goa trance is psychedelic/folk rock but then we're sort of outside the electronic music domain.

• Like 1

From what I've heard, the old, more ambient IDM has very dull and languid melodic tendencies.

I actually like older IDM. Some of the mid- to late '90s Warp, Skam and Rephlex stuff, for instance, have unbelievable melodic structure.

• Like 1

http://soundcloud.com/shivoham-nitin/mystical-mist-on-mount-1

Listen to my latest track. You will know what I am talking about.

That's what I thought you meant. I just thought some people might call the full-on kick (with more and faster pitch modulation) a 'hard' kick, but might call one with less and/or slower pitch modulation a 'soft' kick, even when I personally may call it a 'hard' kick.

• Like 1

Melodies are forever

Goa is forever

GoGoa :wub:;)

Most melodies get tired after you've heard them too many times.

There are some that never seem to get old and I guess you're referring to these.

What would you say is an example of such melody?

• Like 1

I actually like older IDM. Some of the mid- to late '90s Warp, Skam and Rephlex stuff, for instance, have unbelievable melodic structure.

I might just be too ignorant of this style

some nice examples would do good :)

• Like 1

Most melodies get tired after you've heard them too many times.

There are some that never seem to get old and I guess you're referring to these.

What would you say is an example of such melody?

Nothing like hearing trance for the first time but there are a few

Shakta - Spiritual Beings in Physical Bodies blows me away each time

Electric Universe - Electronic Pulsation

Boris Blenn - Jeboa Electrogarden

Astral Projection - Still on Mars

and a few others...

• Like 1