Cybernetika

Update: It's released!

Posted Image

01 - Gagarin (175 BPM)

02 - Devoid Of Gravity (175 BPM)

03 - Close Your Eyes (175 BPM)

04 - Anomaly (177 BPM)

05 - Ghost Of Midas (174 BPM)

06 - Humanity: Static (Cybernetika Remix) (176 BPM)

07 - Forged For Battle (175 BPM)

08 - Electron Tracker (177 BPM)

Cybernetika returns to Ektoplazm with Colossus, an extraordinary full-length album fusing psychedelic trance and drum ‘n bass with futuristic science fiction atmospheres. Following on the enormous success of last year’s The Scythe Of Orion, which was declared the best free psytrance album of 2010 by Ektoplazm visitors, and building on the genre-bending experimentalism of Atropos (2009), this album delivers exactly what Cybernetika fans have been waiting for: epic storytelling through innovative electronic music. As with his previously releases, Cybernetika has written an epigraph to situate the album within a thematic framework: “As all-consuming waves of entropy were reaching our galaxy, mankind was forced into a desperate battle for survival. With discovered technologies far beyond our understanding, we were able to construct a last bastion against a rapidly dissolving universe, right in the center of our galaxy: The Colossus, a gigantic, artificial shield of protection, preserving stability of space itself. With the Colossus, we can defeat our own destiny…” Track 6 (Humanity: Static) originally written and produced by Vortech. Mastered by Kri @ Audiovalve. Artwork by Stefan Hürlemann.

Download it for free in MP3/FLAC/WAV direct from Ektoplazm:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/2011/cybernetika-colossus

Thanks to Basilisk for making this happen!

Enjoy!

Thanks for listening everyone, really appreciated.

feeling very excited already, should not be too long until the release.

Umm...hello? This is not psy-polka. F*cking amateur. ;)

Mdk

Sorry, I was actually planning that, but unfortunately my dog ate the DVD with 5 hours of my Psy-Polka, so I had to quickly put together some lame DnB in a few hours as an emergency plan.

Whoa! Listening right now!

Edith says:

Track 1: Sounds like an awesome sci-fi intro :-)

Track 2: Niiice.

Track 3: Beast!

Track 4: Baaam, massive, massive stuff.

Track 5: Groovy and somewhat melodic, I like it.

Track 6: Interesting and very fresh...never heard something like it.

Track 7: Somewhat darker mood here...I'd like to hear the full track!

Track 8: Sounds like a nice, full throttle conclusion to the album.

==> Can't wait for next week!

Thanks for sharing, dude.

Guest Euforix

Damn! This sounds very good!

It's actually funny that you just changed my point of view of DnB. I've always hated it (haven't tried psy DnB though) but now I have to say that I love your stuff. When will it be on Ektoplazm? :)

i always had this side-flavour for dnb, but there was always something missing on whatever i heard, and this guy keeps on bringing that missing stuff.

amazing sound man, you have entered territory where nobody ever stepped on.

day-um

this is great shit right here.

i havent been listening to d&b for a while, i think imma start again though.

really nice...its hard, without going jungle on us, and still trippy to keep us listening with interest.. i cant wait for this to be out. this is gonna live in my car for a while i think.

Posted Image

01 - Gagarin (175 BPM)

02 - Devoid Of Gravity (175 BPM)

03 - Close Your Eyes (175 BPM)

04 - Anomaly (177 BPM)

05 - Ghost Of Midas (174 BPM)

06 - Humanity: Static (Cybernetika Remix) (176 BPM)

07 - Forged For Battle (175 BPM)

08 - Electron Tracker (177 BPM)

Cybernetika returns to Ektoplazm with Colossus, an extraordinary full-length album fusing psychedelic trance and drum ‘n bass with futuristic science fiction atmospheres. Following on the enormous success of last year’s The Scythe Of Orion, which was declared the best free psytrance album of 2010 by Ektoplazm visitors, and building on the genre-bending experimentalism of Atropos (2009), this album delivers exactly what Cybernetika fans have been waiting for: epic storytelling through innovative electronic music. As with his previously releases, Cybernetika has written an epigraph to situate the album within a thematic framework: “As all-consuming waves of entropy were reaching our galaxy, mankind was forced into a desperate battle for survival. With discovered technologies far beyond our understanding, we were able to construct a last bastion against a rapidly dissolving universe, right in the center of our galaxy: The Colossus, a gigantic, artificial shield of protection, preserving stability of space itself. With the Colossus, we can defeat our own destiny…” Track 6 (Humanity: Static) originally written and produced by Vortech. Mastered by Kri @ Audiovalve. Artwork by Stefan Hürlemann.

Yes, its released, approaching 2000 downloads, not so bad after 2 days :)

Thanks to everyone for checking it out and spreading the word!

I'm really glad about the positive responses - constructive criticism as well :)

I have to thank Basilisk for making the release on Ektoplazm happen, Stefan for the kickass artwork and Kri for the outstanding mastering!

Musically this is wonderful work, interesting and immersive ideas, thick atmospheres. All around awesome work, but the mastering... what happened? Highs mids lows all sound like on the same level and it sounds really quiet.. this music deserves so much better mastering, it's a shame what it currently is. There's no oomph in anything, no sound separation, it just sounds flat. Whilst a track from another album makes my headphones rumble because of the bass, this does nothing - and it's supposed to be DnB on top of that.. Even Scythe Of Orion had pretty good mastering, why not this? :(

Here's a rough example

Loud part from Erta Ale

Posted Image

Loud part from Colossus

Posted Image