1. Tranzmachien

2 Rinkadink Vs. Loud – Abstract

3 Rinkadink Vs. Slider – Triple X

4 Bootleg 2011

5 We Can Build You

6 All That Matters Is Love

7 Control The Future

8 Eightsawz

9 Rinkadink Vs. Mike Modular – Techmology (2011 Remix)

Alchemy Records did most of their damage in the early and mid 2000's but here release Werner Van Jaarsveld's third solo effort. Now I'm not gonna lie. I know what I like and this artist, well...has left me feeling

Posted Image

Just because you're from South Africa doesn't mean you get the keys to the kingdom know what I'm sayin? But let's talk about this CD and not dwell on the past. His last album was over 6 years ago so what's he bring to the table? Not too much I'm afraid. This would've been a perfect time to unleash a bomb from someone who has largely been on the periphery for the last few years. But that didn't happen. This sounds like it could've been made in 2005. Not necessarily a bad thing, but this is as vanilla as it gets. With lots of full-on touches there ain't anything that makes it stand out. No memorable melodies, lush breaks, or power that screams to be heard. It sounds very thin and I found myself skipping forward in tracks at times to find improvements. Remember Rabbit From The Darkside? Well, it sounds a lot like that. Now that wasn't a bad disc but it's not 2004. As Janet Jackson said, "What have you done for me lately?"

I can tell you, shortened my wishlist, that's what you did.

Beatport

Mdk

• 2 weeks later...

The 2009 SSD-EP was good. Not amazing, but good. I though Fundamental Game was good enough keep that EP afloat. Human Technicians was just dull IMO. Nothing says "this artist has seen better days" than releasing an updated version of a former hit -Techmology in this case-. No further comments. It's a shame because I really dig both Rinkadink & Alchemy Recs.