Usage of Psy/Goa trance in life creations

deepXcode

I am searching for the traces of usage of the Psy/Goa trance anywhere in life apart from the so called `psy culture`.

Anything from a `real world` clothing shop, cafe or anime soundtrack. Any audio/visual or just verbal proofs.

•  

I`ll start off myself with a `97 Dream Trance mp3-CD from my personal pirated CDs collection.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Notice Robert Miles In The Mix mentioning.

It contains Prana - Geomantik which can be classified as Goa trance and Robert Miles himself does not belong to Psy culture as well as the above CD.

•  

Then goes a Reebok shop in my city back in about `99. Every time I was going in there.. the music.. was just making my legs shake and fall while the body to fly. People from my local county psy forum cofirmed it was Goa and the Reebok company itself was sponsoring various psy parties in my city back in the time. I have found myself Prana - Taiyo been played on an audio commercial streamed on our various FM radiostations. I am still seeking for more tracks as I want to restore that feeling I was having form the music..

•  

Anime. Texhnolyze OP - Juno Reactor - Guardian Angel. A non official video -

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng1wF0wUtjQ

•  

Another anime. Ride Back OP - Mell - Rideback. Also a non official youtube video.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhF5Z-EBOl0

This track seem to be made specially for this animation and music part made by Kazuya Takase. It sounds very Goa-ish and here is the proof its worth to be mentioned here - Kazuya Takase – Hydian Way. Its another creation by this musician and as of Discogs we can see -

Genre: Electronic, Pop

Style: J-pop, Techno, Psy-Trance

I am sure there are more interesting finds!

Not much cross-over here in the States, but there used to be an MTV program called "Amp" that played videos of different electronic artists, and a handful of those were psy/goa... I remember seeing videos for Dancing Galaxy, Feel The Universe, God Is God, Teleport, Rock Bitch, Boundless, and Ceiba's 1+1=1. Also MTV liked to use psy/goa for commercials and interstitial music in the late nineties.

Juno Reactor has probably crossed over the most into the mainstream media... all those movie soundtracks! There's a great anime film, "Genius Party Beyond", that has about fifteen minutes of Juno Reactor music.

Also, I was amused to see this: http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/113/9c18fd5aef8422de04770e1b9e03644a/l.jpg

I remember when i was kid back in 90s when i was in coffee and confectioners, there always spining goa trance hits mostly from Astrals i remember. Mahadeva, Kabalah and Power Gen were most popular. How my 'biography' says i started Goa back in 2004 but how kid can forget all those melodies? :D

In my city there is a big shop called Neptun computers and there working one of my old CStrike mates, older guy but addicted to psy/goa and few days ago i was there listening Teleport from MWNN :lol:

Local TV station also support trance scene here but sadly is that in my city there was no trance parties, but they do promos for Belgrade example and festivals in neighbour countries.

Yesterday on local TV station who always playing commercial funky house hits played track from Shanti Matkin old one, you can here it here:

Personaly i love this track!

If i remember soon more will tell you xD

yeah, the good old 90s. Here the whole techno wave was HUGE, and a lot of it was acid, or even Goa. Of course I didnt really realize it because I still was a kid, but even though I loved furious acidlines and hard kicks even at the age of 7, of course I couldnt differentiate between Goa, Trance, House, or the other genres. At that time, the line between these genres was still far more blurred than it is now anyway (imo). We had a music channel called Viva, and in the mid-90s when this stuff really was popular, they played electronic music almost nonstop, even Goa videos with psychedelic fractals (without labeling anything Goa, everything was just "Rave" to them it seems).

how kid can forget all those melodies? :D

exactly :)

Yeah we had Viva before too, but for many years is dead now. Sometimes Serbian MTV play some of Viva clips and they are wonderful. Some of lokal TVs also play some hits... But for 99% population will say 'teHno' :D

Vanquish!

Though of course typical comments

it sounds like cheap 90's music lol

Oh boy.

Also on GOMTV Global Starcraft League I've heard some psy and goa. Currently they have been playing electric universe between matches occasionally.

And obviously Matrix Reloaded had some good stuff like Mona Lisa Overdrive, I will never forget that scene. :D

There's a great anime film, "Genius Party Beyond", that has about fifteen minutes of Juno Reactor music.

Koji Morimoto's Dimension Bomb! Everyone should watch it, it's pretty epic.

Posted Image

They've actually used Full-on A TON in GSL this season. Even in the finals! Don't know whether that's a good or a bad thing. :P

Gran Turismo 4 soundtracks are all psy/goa

Really? I thought they had other style tracks there too. I guess I'll check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Not all. GT4 had dozens of songs from pop to metal and some ultraboring psy tracks.

Maybe, but there was even a compilation with only the psy tracks AFAIK: Gran Turismo 4 Kicks was it's name...

Anyway, a good mention is also the game Mirror's Edge. The soundtrack was completely done by Magnus Birgersson, who's behind Solar Fields.

The soundtrack is awesome, without it the game would not even be half as good. The characteristic Solar Fields style shines through, both upbeat and downbeat and as the setting of the whole game is so unique this is actually what I would call a playable Solar Fields album :wub:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH3FzJUQie4

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, just found Miranda live in Belgrade back in 1998:

At the end Lepton Head deedrah remix i think... that was on RTS most popular TV station in Serbia last 50 years...

I usually ignore all of the Imba`s posts due to IMO abusive content of the Avatars and most of content used..

But here I`ve made an exception... And with no regrets at all.

THIS kind of usage is behind my expectation that humans could relate `psy` music with. But it`s really what it is all about for me - the connection with all the ETHNO things. And yes, the music is definitely `Lepton Head deedrah remix`

This looks and sounds so beatifully and strong! Even if it looks sometimes too childish or over-simple, the mature horses, the burning feather of the phoenix bird and the flourishing ethnic city are worth of all of it!!

..Especially after I was watching to the original cartoon `Конёк Горбунок` aka `Konjic Grbonjic` when it has been officially released for free online watch in russian language :)

Also, when I was making this quoted reply the contributor`s avatars were not abusive at all. :)