Artist: Xatrik

Title: Bust A Move EP

Label: Planet B.E.N. Records

Date: March, 2011

1. Barcelona

2. Yalla

3. Sketchy Biznizz (Rmx)

4. Red Handed Pt. 2

Oh, hell yes...some new Xatrik? I feel a surge of happiness on the horizon...

Posted Image

Yeah, it's monumental.

If you love twilight music, and I mean...love it like I do then you know who this is. Xatrik is Greg Hamber from South Africa and he is one of the best at creating highly rhythmic psy with a darkly melodic overtone. His album Inside Information back in 2007 was just bomb after bomb that still sounds fresh. Did you catch the Demarkation Area EP? No? Gimme a sec...

Posted Image

"I said get your ass to Beatport and download that sh*t, ho!"

Right now it's just your sister, but keep it up and your whole family is gonna get it. Here he delights with a new 4 track EP that I just became aware of.

Barcelona- Good gravy on potatoes how does he make that bass line sound so punchy? It's got groove and is a perfect warm up to what is in store?

Yalla- "Honestly I listen to that and I'm just like what is this piece of sh*t I'm listening to, do I even know this artist?"

Ewwwww,..you got acid in yo eye! Clean that sh*t up man, you look ridiculous. Legs...operating...involuntarily...What's that? It's worse than I feared. He set off the shake your ass alarm. Again.

Posted Image

The funk doctor is in and he will see you now. Perfect mixture of groovy tunes with futuristic effects. Damn, that is how you get asses out of seats!

Sketchy Biznizz (Rmx)- "Man when are you gonna learn, everything about this business is sketchy!"

This is a remix off his Inside Information album. Not to be confused with the remix of the same song on the Psionic Tales Chapter 2 compilation. 3 remixes for one track? Guess he's a perfectionist. The beginning melody is a little...eerie and then he hits you with the acidic goodness. The bass rumbles and shakes a few windows, let me tell ya. Just big beat bad ass. I heard he played this at Ozora...what? We have some video? Roll that sh*t!

Posted Image

Red Handed Part 2- Awwwww sh*t! Funky breakbeat with percussive help is here! Nobody lays down aggressive beats like the South Africans, plain and simple. It's just a wall of attitude that shows more confidence with each measure. He throws a lot of techno sounds in your face a la Artifakt.

Awesome EP that was just balls to the wall motion. I cannot recommend this highly enough if you enjoy the South African sound. Are you listening Ormion? You should be. And if you don't mind me saying so...

Posted Image

I think I'm a little gay for Xatrik right about now. *Squeal!*

Beatport

Mdk