Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: The Riddler

Title: Fille de la Soie EP

Label: TesseracT Studio

Date: November, 2010

1. Fille de la Soie

2. Cherry On The Apple Tree

Because I am so impressed with his current production I picked up Goran's 1st EP. Released by the ever impressive TesseracT Studio this is a short 2 track view into his funky house self. God, The Art of Being Non seems so long ago, it's hard to believe it was done by the same guy. Whereas that was characterized by being unique I would've never thought he would do the same thing in the progressive house genre. He uses big bass and fat beats to go along with melodies that are a little...off. Deliciously unexpected.

Fille de la soie- More house madness with The Riddler! Agile leads tap out a melody as the soft strings slide in the background. The bass is a deep wobbly thing, while the whole tune is bright and fun but not without a hint of darkness. Leaves me with the feeling, "Man, you shouldnta done that." Whatever that is. I tell you what I shouldnta done...eat that last piece of pizza. Damn...I'm eating myself out of a pants size. He tinkles the ivory and even manages to make a piano sound funky. You got skillz...yep that's right, with a z.

Cherry On The Apple Tree- This one is more hopeful with it's oscillating strings and positive vibe. Big beats continue with some funk guitar and piano. It's a smooth ride like catching that perfect wave when all your friends were looking. High pitched leads dance around the sun with shimmering brightness as it brings everything full circle. Good, enjoyable vibe.

I don't know what you did to become this good at making music in the genre; whether you made a deal with the devil or whether you have always had this funky spirit, but all I can say is keep doing it. Your music causes involuntary dancing that is infectious. Great stuff.

Posted Image

Beatport

Mdk