Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Drunk Pharaoh

Title: Grab a Beer EP

Label: None

Date: June, 2011

1. Grab a Beer

2. Playing with Dolls

Filipe Santos with one of his many aliases is back with a free 2 track EP. Here he focuses on the not so serious side of goa trance. The key ingredient? Beer. It's been around forever and most people have partaken in the drink at some point in their lives. As a matter of fact methinks that Filipe was a little tipsy when he wrote the promo for this little treat. I've performed a drunk ramble before and this has all the hallmarks of one. Be glad he didn't drunk dial or drunk text us! Beer as a tool? Sure, people have been getting drunk with beer to forget problems, to get courage...hell they even have a name for it...beer muscles. So relax and see what he's brewing.

Burps with some Nitzo melodies? Sure, why not. The title track is just a fun, simplistic jaunt not to be over thought. Playing With Dolls is the best of the two with a great beat and more layers. I see Filipe's point, not everything has to be about the mystical secrets of the universe. It's like my Dad said. If you believe in the Bible and everything that was written, it was still written by men. Men who drink too much and fart a lot. Men who check out a woman's ass after she passes by or picks his nose and wipes it on his friends robe when he's not looking. Men are flawed. Also, he's not trying to be E-mantra or Filteria and create the next benchmark in goa trance. I see this as him having an Amadeus type moment where if he wants he can create awesome music, but at the same time he can show his playful and irreverent side. Good for you Filipe, as you ask the Pharaoh to pull you finger while still managing to make a couple of pretty fun tunes.

Free now with more burping!

Mdk