TIP Records - Goa Classics 2

I think this is pretty cool.

http://www.arabesquedistribution.com//index.php?option=com_artistavenue&task=singleCd&id=2638&Itemid=99999999

Posted Image

01 Freedom From The Flesh - The Infinity Project

02 Everything´s Going Fine - Mandra Gora

03 Teleport - Man With No Name

04 Telepathy - The Infinity Project

05 Shamanix - Hallucinogen

06 Can´t Do That - Total Eclipse

07 Wicked Mille - Orichalcum

08 Karma - Laughing Buddha

09 Sunrise - The Antidote

Promo text:

In Goa Classics 2 we share another chapter of memories from yesteryear. Between 1994 and 1996 and wow those tunes still sound so good.

From the gloriously ecentric Johann to some of the classic early T.I.P.,one of the legendary Hallucinogen early works and one of the all time classics from ManWithNoName. Also new boys Laughing Buddha arrived with a series of great tracks, here we have “Karma”, Orichalcum from Denmark provided some outstanding musical nuggets and "Wicked Mille" is one of our all time favourites on the label. Still sounds awesome.

And of course the French maestro´s Serge, Stef and Loic with Total Eclipse and The Antidotes´”Sunrise” which was the perfect end to many a party and is the perfect end to this album. This has been remastered to make these tracks sound fantastic and bring the sound right up to date. .

Again fun to compile and tread through the memories. We hope you enjoy

Well...obviously these compilations are mainly targetted to those who don't own the original TIP discography yet. Assuming that you do happen to own the first four colour compilations (Yellow, Orange, Blue, Phosphorescent, or the same as Colours of Shiva 1&2), I think you already have something like 11 out of 19 tracks on these two new compilations. Feeling Weird adds maybe three of the missing ones. From Yellow alone, five tracks have now been rereleased and even more will probably follow.

So, interesting samplers for someone who wants a quick look at the TIP history, but largely redundant if you have the originals or plan to get them eventually.

To be honest, I might be more pissed off if there was one unreleased track on each CD, forcing me to buy the rest as duplicates. Now you can simply conclude you're not in the target audience and move on.

Still...I'm afraid people are nowadays just using YouTube, Spotify-like services or plain mass downloading for their sampling needs. Collectors should get the originals instead. Who's in the target audience then? Someone who just wants to blast one compilation in their car stereo or drop a random classic in a DJ set? I don't know. Oh well, I guess these help to keep the TIP tradition alive so they can't be entirely evil.

Still...I'm afraid people are nowadays just using YouTube, Spotify-like services or plain mass downloading for their sampling needs. Collectors should get the originals instead. Who's in the target audience then? Someone who just wants to blast one compilation in their car stereo or drop a random classic in a DJ set? I don't know. Oh well, I guess these help to keep the TIP tradition alive so they can't be entirely evil.

Well the tracks in these compilations have been remastered, so that's a plus. I wouldn't mind seeing reissues of some TIP albums with simply being remastered.

• 1 month later...