Psynews "Best of the Noughties" results

Rotwang

Guest neurogen

Dude

Im not blaming anyone.

It was fail due to too few votes.

Thats it. Shouldnt have ended it with only 1 or 3 votes of each. Should rather end with "sorry not enough votes"

Dude

Im not blaming anyone.

It was fail due to too few votes.

Thats it. Shouldnt have ended it with only 1 or 3 votes of each. Should rather end with "sorry not enough votes"

You may be right. It really saddens me that such few people voted. I wish we could redo it and find a way to attract more voters.

Guest neurogen

You may be right. It really saddens me that such few people voted. I wish we could redo it and find a way to attract more voters.

yes very sad indeed. :/

and i do appreciate your work on the poll - thats not why im upset its that you ended it before enough votes.

just so we are clear :)

and of course, mainly im upset due to the lack of votes, that is the real problem of course.

sorry for my bad manners earlier :P

Just an enquiry.. the excel sheet(s) used to calculate the results, do they still exist Rotwang? I was thinking that was the really time consuming part...(??!) Of course if more votes are placed more releases is needed to be added, but only if it is real success (many people voting) will that mean many more releases (my guess)... so maybe it makes sense to open/continue the same vote and collect for a year or so?! The excel sheet could be continuously updated release-wise, maybe a google document that the mods can edit!? Just an idea...

Just an enquiry.. the excel sheet(s) used to calculate the results, do they still exist Rotwang?

It's a Gnumeric spreadsheet rather than Excel, but yes.

I was thinking that was the really time consuming part...(??!)

Yes, it took way longer than I thought it would. Frankly if I were to do another poll I wouldn't use a spreadsheet. I'd knock something together in Python instead.

Oh I see... maybe it would easer to make a discogs account, add the releases in there and finally when judgement day arrives just export the data and add the votes... the only data that would be missing is the release country which frankly is of very little importance.

Frankly if I were to do another poll [...] I'd knock something together in Python instead.

I have now knocked something together in Python. If enough people want the poll reopened I'm willing to count votes again, since it should be considerably easier now.

Personally, I wouldn't expect to receive significantly more votes if we do reopen it.

I have now knocked something together in Python. If enough people want the poll reopened I'm willing to count votes again, since it should be considerably easier now.

Personally, I wouldn't expect to receive significantly more votes if we do reopen it.

Oh I don't know, feels like Psynews has picked up a bit recently, don't you think?

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...