InfectedMushroomVids

Penzoline

+1 for this.

Anyways, I don't see any connection between fullon stuff and first two albums from IM. Alright 3rd album is more fullonish than previous stuff but, in my case, first two albums are really unique and special in psychedelic trance music. Many of old school artists has been influenced by other musicians before, but I don't see any connection between IM sound presented in first two albums with early goa trance music/artists. That stuff sounded unique at that time and for me it still stands as unique, even now, IM sounds different and fresh, besides their pop/mtv/metal/live-band adventure.

+100

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's not true for their debut album The Gathering

Very true! People saying that it just sounded like a mix earlier pioneers, surely haven't really listen to that album (not only referring to Elysium and LvB) and especially not when it came out. I remember at that time it was indeed ground-breaking! When I played it the first for some of my Goa-"head"-friend at home they all said it sounded really weird and different, that was the general reaction back then. But the never stuff, I dunno?! Well after Classical Mushroom I think they lost their edge. And inspired vs. copied, you should know the difference Elysium ;)

Very true! People saying that it just sounded like a mix earlier pioneers, surely haven't really listen to that album (not only referring to Elysium and LvB) and especially not when it came out. I remember at that time it was indeed ground-breaking!

True , but too bad The Gathering is the only album of them that I really like. I find all the rest dull and boring

• 3 weeks later...

Don't like their newer music, but they are surely talented (except for singing ;)). It looks like they are having tons of fun, and you can't really ignore that they have a really unique sound.

Respect for going their own way, although it's not for me.

+1 and indeed Farewell!

videos are pretty cool actually.

hate the music though. +1 to they've always been making lame music

with some cool elements.

or, cool music with too many lame elements.

Very true! People saying that it just sounded like a mix earlier pioneers, surely haven't really listen to that album (not only referring to Elysium and LvB) and especially not when it came out. I remember at that time it was indeed ground-breaking! When I played it the first for some of my Goa-"head"-friend at home they all said it sounded really weird and different, that was the general reaction back then. But the never stuff, I dunno?! Well after Classical Mushroom I think they lost their edge. And inspired vs. copied, you should know the difference Elysium ;)

I do know the difference and I stand by my point that they were copy cats (lead-sounds, riff's etc.) and not at all as unique and groundbreaking as some die-hard fans put on their shoulders ;)

I do know the difference and I stand by my point that they were copy cats (lead-sounds, riff's etc.) and not at all as unique and groundbreaking as some die-hard fans put on their shoulders ;)

I always wonder, all psy/goatrance artist copycat in a certain way...

Who did they copycat back in 1999 - 2001 ?

I always wonder, all psy/goatrance artist copycat in a certain way...

Who did they copycat back in 1999 - 2001 ?

Check my previous replies and you'll read who I believe they copied from day one (until their new start where they started copying more commercial bands incl. very bad singing) ;)

Check my previous replies and you'll read who I believe they copied from day one (until their new start where they started copying more commercial bands incl. very bad singing) ;)

I'm not going to check your previous replies, just like I you have been on this board for a long while...

so repeat them short Posted Image or copy/paste!

I'm not going to check your previous replies, just like I you have been on this board for a long while...

so repeat them short Posted Image or copy/paste!

Why should I repeat myself or go back and find my replies just because you are too lazy to find them in this debate? Does not really make sense to me mate :)

I.M. was more after they released the gathering... but based on that I understand...

So you are to lazy to name some artist you should know by head cause you have posted them so many times...

I'll do that for him. According to Elysium IM copied Astral Projection, MFG, Indoor, Sandman and I'm pretty sure himself.

I'll do that for him. According to Elysium IM copied Astral Projection, MFG, Indoor, Sandman and I'm pretty sure himself.

Ok, thanx for the friendly reply Ormion,

AP, MFG and Indoor are all perfect examples of good 'morning goatrance', more direction 'one layer trance' in experience...

The have imo nothing to do with infected mushroom...

Every goatrance artist copied 'some' of those 3 artist, that is correct....

But it's not a valuable statement in this debate, on the contrary...

Sandman that I understand a bit,

Thanx!

I doubt very much Duvdev will ever stop singing, it makes him happy....unfortunately the mute button on his vocal chords appears to be broken and we have to suffer for it...I love IM, but i love IM remixes by others even more because theres no singing in it...

(BUT...i dont mind guest vocals by others....sometimes.... ie jonathon of Korn, because i like ¬Korn...)

he cant MC to save his life...there again, if it was up to me..MC-ing would be banned outright! they spoil decent tunes and i want to bash them over the heads with their mics. seriously.

he cant MC to save his life...there again, if it was up to me..MC-ing would be banned outright! they spoil decent tunes and i want to bash them over the heads with their mics. seriously.

Correct,

some Mc's do a great job in drum'n base and Ragga and those genres tend to have Mc's and still 80% is imo crap...

With psychedelic trance they should be banned indeed... There is no consensus!

Care to tell me which songs exactly are sounding like Classical Mushroom? I own the Indoor album but I never made the connection. Will give it another try tho. And as I said, I never even gotten into AP so they are very far from sounding like the Classical Mushroom album.

I agree Tatsu, i have Astral projection and MFG and neither sound like IM....plus! IM came AFTER both those bands....now there are a lots of soundalikes around who take elements of IM and make them their own,,eg Rastaliens early stuff., and they do it well...

Care to tell me which songs exactly are sounding like Classical Mushroom? I own the Indoor album but I never made the connection. Will give it another try tho. And as I said, I never even gotten into AP so they are very far from sounding like the Classical Mushroom album.

It's not so much that they copied a song. That's not the point. My point is that when I listen to IM's so-called masterpieces I hear a lot of references in their choice of sounds and the way they build their riff's (melodies) to the artists I mentioned. I am fine with the fact you people disagree and do not hear what I hear. But at the end of the day that is my opinion like it or not. My excuse is that I base it on years of music education and training and a continuous musical life as an artist. I doubt anyone can brush off my opinion as not being valid or not correct. I do have some knowledge and experience in analyzing the way melodies are build and the techniques behind music (I teach music too) and not to forget 25+ years in creating sounds on real synthesizers and I am sure if some of you who so passionate refuse to acknowledged my points had the same experience in analyzing music (incl. theoretically) then maybe you would agree a bit more :)

I agree Tatsu, i have Astral projection and MFG and neither sound like IM....plus! IM came AFTER both those bands....now there are a lots of soundalikes around who take elements of IM and make them their own,,eg Rastaliens early stuff., and they do it well...

For the sake of a good interesting debate (and one where people actually can learn something) why do you not hear what I hear? I really lack better explanations from those of you who disagree with me. All you write is "I do not agree", "it's not valid". or "+1". To me that is not a debate going anywhere. I really like to understand why people can have so different opinions and what they base their opinions on :)