Managing your time

Procyon

Moved messages from

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/61701-rip-neogoa-2010-2011/

-Penzoline

Neogoa is closing after 2011. After that I'm starting with new platform (label). Neogoa stands for free music, this label will continue to release similar thing like Neogoa did but not anymore for free. The main plan, idea is to push even harder, to improve all segments of my previous work, through music, better PR, better and more professional artworks, proper mastering and the most important thing: availability on CD/CDr for people who actually care to have something in their hands. Besides all mentioned, I can't handle anymore all expenses. Excuse my poor english, hopefully now you understand.

:)

Edit - And yeah, topic and announcement is maybe too early but at least I'm always informing people, guys who follows our work with my and Neogoa activity. For me the most important thing is honesty and I don't see reason why I shouldn't inform people about my decission to close this. It's better to know something on time. Imagine situation that I opened this topic right after Dimensional Gateway 2 been released.

Plus few other things, from the very beginning I was calling all interested to participate in this, to create Neogoa together, but only Mdk helped with reviews, Somazoid with his database, Arronax with translations and Penzoline also with reviews.

Funny thing? I also sended message (via facebook) to our beloved label owners of: Cronomi Records, Sita Records, Phototropic Records, Suntrip Records, Ezel-Ebed Records, UAF Records, Dimensional Records and offered them free acces to website control panel and label accounts to add thier news, announcements and data, wanna know who only answered to my message and accepted that offer? Timo (Chakras) from ex. Kagdila now Dimensional Records. If people doesn't care about it, why should I push hard...after that my biggest focus was on music and it's distribution on Ektoplazm. Wanna know how easy was to work on website when Mdk took reviews section under his control: A LOT. Database will be available just as reviews page.

Well, I don't know how long you have been in the scene, but most labels, distributors, sites are a ONE MAN company. Or, rarely, two or three person behind the desk. I once threw parties and after contacting names lile "Cosmic Lights Decoraction Crew", only to discover that the "crew" was a girl doing everything in her backyard on her free time. What I mean is: psy business is more like something people who are behind company names dedicate some time after they have finished their "real" business. That is why you see this lack of interest on your offer: I am sure some of your messages are in a mail box waiting to be opened by someone who very likely is busy working.

Perhaps when it was a novelty and people really bought CDs (in the early 1990s), you had labels with proper staff. But, now, I think it's just like the "Cosmic Crew". The only psy business that look like real companies -with dedicated staff, etc - is the festival market. This make all the business chain to have a professional look (it's easy to make a beautiful site), but lacking personnel to deal with offers like yours. It is a pity.

Well, this is my experience. If I decide to throw a psy party nowadays, it's easier to do it all by myself than trying to get help from "crews" and "companies".

Neogoa WASN'T buissnes and it will never be and like that it should remain. It was passion for music, art, culture, people and whole good things that can be found in Goa Trance. Passion, good will and all that stuff ain't gonna pay mastering, pay artists and other stuff, unfortunaley.

Neogoa WASN'T buissnes and it will never be and like that it should remain. It was passion for music, art, culture, people and whole good things that can be found in Goa Trance. Passion, good will and all that stuff ain't gonna pay mastering, pay artists and other stuff, unfortunaley.

I wasnt' talking "business" money-wise, but as an institution. What I meant was that your messages to these labels have no one with available time to read them, very likely.

Sometimes you see that not even artists who are contacted to be booked are aware they were contacted.

As for the passion, you're right 100%.

Agneton, Anoebis: that's exactly what I was trying to tell Richpa. There are busy people behind labels, etc. Usually just ONE person.

Come on now.It's not like they are EMI or Virgin Records ;)

I ran two quite successful labels "Loopfreaks Records and Loopfreaks Black" from 2003 - 2008 with 100+ artists releasing on the labels and approx. 5-8 releases a month. At the same time I also held a day to day job. And I managed to reply to 99.5% of all emails (I ignored a few from artists who would not take a no as an answer).

Elysium, is right.

C***s who don't bother to even read their mail because they are "too busy" are just full of s**t and ego.

"Oh look at me, I am so important and busy maaaaaaaaan, I can't even open an email account and look at some

emails that take a few minutes to answer"...

Being a full-time father, making psychedelic videos, writing computer games, looking after and doing DIY on

a house, cooking and cleaning, and tending to a pregnant partner, and I still manage to read and answer my

emails, comments on youtube, write on forums.... etc etc.

Open your mind, and realise these f*****s don't give a damn about anything else other than their egos.

Good luck with trying to make any money out of this "bulls**t" scene, I am 99.5% certain you are going to lose

even more money than you did running a free-label. But I also hope that I am wrong.

Bit of a shame mind, I had only just discovered your lovely label. But anyway fancy a nice new free spanking video

for your Dimension Gate 2 release?

Elysium, is right.

C***s who don't bother to even read their mail because they are "too busy" are just full of s**t and ego.

"Oh look at me, I am so important and busy maaaaaaaaan, I can't even open an email account and look at some

Being a full-time father, making psychedelic videos, writing computer games, looking after and doing DIY on

a house, cooking and cleaning, and tending to a pregnant partner, and I still manage to read and answer my

Open your mind, and realise these f*****s don't give a damn about anything else other than their egos.

Good luck with trying to make any money out of this "bulls**t" scene, I am 99.5% certain you are going to lose

even more money than you did running a free-label. But I also hope that I am wrong.

Bit of a shame mind, I had only just discovered your lovely label. But anyway fancy a nice new free spanking video

You need to calm down and manner up. Swearing once or twice is fine and dandy but posting all out blind accusations so aggressively is a bit much. There are better and more mature ways to go about it.

Elysium, is right.

I don't agree with your post. I basically do the same things you said you do: I am a full-time father, full-time owner of 4 dogs, take care of my house and my boyfriend, take care of our lounge bar and maintain a news site online, check e-mails etc...

But, more frequently that I wished, I don't have time or the brains to answer some e-mails that people send to my site. Not to mention the ones people claim they sent me, and they really did so, but they went unnoticed by me.

People seemingly make time for what they consider important.

Mosbunal people I have met who've claimed to be too busy, are actually

poor at managing their time and resources, but sombunal of them seem to

prefer that lifestyle, as it seems to justify their existance, by being

"busy", and thus whatever they are doing "is terribly important".

I am sure you are not one of these people. ;)

mosbunal=most but not all

sombunal=some but not all

You need to calm down and manner up. Swearing once or twice is fine and dandy but posting all out blind accusations so aggressively is a bit much. There are better and more mature ways to go about it.

Simply it wasn't blind accusations, but based on over 10 years professional experience in the psytrance "scene" (sic).

So before you go making such blatant made-up statements, I suggest you get your facts in order.

Simply it wasn't blind accusations, but based on over 10 years professional experience in the psytrance "scene" (sic).

So before you go making such blatant made-up statements, I suggest you get your facts in order.

10 years or not, you are still blindly generalizing/predicting. You cannot possibly know what those people have been doing with their time unless you spend that time, or are in close touch, with them. Also it was mostly to note that you should not be so aggressive and use such languange. I am posting this as a moderator and giving you a warning, you should have noticed that.

People seemingly make time for what they consider important.

Mosbunal people I have met who've claimed to be too busy, are actually

poor at managing their time and resources, but sombunal of them seem to

prefer that lifestyle, as it seems to justify their existance, by being

"busy", and thus whatever they are doing "is terribly important".

I am sure you are not one of these people. ;)

mosbunal=most but not all

sombunal=some but not all

Well, the question is if you manage the time you have so you can run your business and have time for private stuff (as in setting priorities) or if you manage your time in a way that it only evolves around business stuff so everybody is satisfied.

I don't run a business but I work way over 100% since I have ot attend school after work. If some colleagues mail me to help them with their taxes it can happen that I miss to answer some of them when I have exams up or something similar going on. Obviously this sucks. For me this is not about being cool and looking busy but about taking some time for myself that has nothing to do with business, work or school. So I can understand if someboy who runs a label besides a normal job and a regular life misses out on some stuff. Even when a day has 24 hours you have to take care to use your energy for different things in your life.

I don't run a business but I work way over 100%......

That reads like another of those emotional statements. "I am so bussssyyyyy man, I work over 100%"...... Roflmao, you think you do, but quite patently you don't, no-one does, that is just another statement you tell yourself about how important you are tbh.

It only takes 30 seconds, to reply, "I am busy now, thanks for your email, I will get back in touch in x amount of time", or similar.

Anything else, and you are just deluding yourself (and in my English culture, rude as well tbh). But don't worry so is everyone else, and I am sure I delude myself in equal measure, particularly when I want to justify my behaviour.

If you con't the working hours I acutally do. And no, I don't think I'm important because of that. I just need to money to pay my debts. And how do you know I'm emotional? I was just describing and making an example. I mean you claim me (and a whole bunch of other people) to be delusional and emotional while you claim you know how my life (or anybody else's life) is just judging from one sentence or some posts. And you even know how I can solve my problem? ;) Sounds kinda arrogant to me and I also feel like you are thinking inside a box with judging people instead of at least trying to see it from different points if view. Which is kinda rude to me. Same as not replaying to e-mails of course. And yes, I'm working on it.

You can count the hours you work, till the cows come home, and you still won't work over 100% (although as you don't define this percent in relation to anything

it seems just a purely made-up statistic, designed to promote what reality-tunnel you inhabit). Infact I doubt you actually sat down and worked out how much time you actually spend working compared to time available, I think you would find to would be well below 100%. But I suspect that wouldn't make your (made-up) point as well.

The fact you obviously have time to respond to me, shows that infact you do have the time to respond with a 30sec "I am busy, will converse later".

As I said before, people make time for what they consider important.

The definiton of what is 100% in working hours is made up by my employer, not by me. But you can say I believe in it obviously. Same as you believe in some made up reality-tunnel you use to define who is doing what because of which reasons and intentions. And which also allows you to make statements about my work without actually knowing anything about it.

And yes, I have time to replay. Same as I have time to replay to all emails at the moment. As you said, it is all about setting priorities, means other stuff has to step back (I'm not talking about stuff that has to step back so I can post here but making a general statement).

But that's pretty off-topic. If you wanna talk about reality or work we should maybe switch to off-topic before we ruin the thread even more.

Never doubted for a moment, that you weren't an honest hard-working person (as are most people I know).

Tbh it was your English (no offence meant) that confused me, that 100% is still a nonsense figure, rather

you work a full-time job and go to school/college in the evenings, which is quite different. But it doesn't

sound as impressive, as "I work over 100% though I guess". (You employer won't say things like you work

100%, but rather you work x number of hours/days etc, i.e. a quantifiable amount).

Anyway back on-topic,

Hope everything manifests as far as you imagine it and more for Neogoa and its offspring. I will keep an eager

eye out for your future projects.

Elysium, is right.

Is this an epitaph or a topic. I am so bummed out for no reason. So. NeoGoa -- no offense but never heard of it. Except as a new micro-style. Also, how much influence on people did one year bring? I thought that something bad happened, Are we supposed to feel sorry for a transitional/evolutionary process? Oh yeah I love the money thing. I totally agree with TranceVisuals, If you are doing this for money, you might as well go all the way with it and become the new Tostido :lol: I mean Tiesto. Sell out, suck Satan's cock, But, if it is your passion, enjoy the perk of getting some cash.

Probably guys really did not see messages via facebook (it's not a first time that facebook is loosing private messages and stuff). However if we manage to move complete database on to another server than I can create thoose accounts for labels so you can add news, updates and stuff.

Facebook is the Antichrist. Good luck with your new direction,

You can count the hours you work, till the cows come home, and you still won't work over 100% (although as you don't define this percent in relation to anything

it seems just a purely made-up statistic, designed to promote what reality-tunnel you inhabit). Infact I doubt you actually sat down and worked out how much time you actually spend working compared to time available, I think you would find to would be well below 100%. But I suspect that wouldn't make your (made-up) point as well.

The fact you obviously have time to respond to me, shows that infact you do have the time to respond with a 30sec "I am busy, will converse later".

As I said before, people make time for what they consider important.

I consider jacking off important. But I don't make time for it. I don't make plans, I make minute to minute my divine plan. Working hard is a load of bollacks. Unless it is a work of passion. But, I don't see many of those jobs posted. Why? Because passion is not part of business. Production is number one. Almost every job will be automated soon. So, if you take such pride in your work, I hope you share that pride of a robot. Robots don't do work of passion. If you want to get paid to work, do something a robot can't do.

Using guilt-laced language like what they consider important, is so messed up, Everyone has different priorities, everyone is different. And, that makes us all the same. So, try self-love, it's the only love that helps everyone.

Is this an epitaph or a topic. I am so bummed out for no reason. So. NeoGoa -- no offense but never heard of it. Except as a new micro-style. Also, how much influence on people did one year bring? I thought that something bad happened, Are we supposed to feel sorry for a transitional/evolutionary process? Oh yeah I love the money thing. I totally agree with TranceVisuals, If you are doing this for money, you might as well go all the way with it and become the new Tostido :lol: I mean Tiesto. Sell out, suck Satan's cock, But, if it is your passion, enjoy the perk of getting some cash.

Facebook is the Antichrist. Good luck with your new direction,

Well it's really nice to see that people who actually doesn't follow or doesn't know anything about topic subject are present here to give their opinions about mentioned. First of all I'm not offended or anything similar but if you gonna speak about money or something here, first of all, be nice and go to www.ektoplazm.com and check how much NeoGoa as netlabel published and released stuff for free...

You're speaking about evolutionary process and something here, let me tell you that from the very first day I updated people, followers and all other boys and girls who liked anything related with NeoGoa with our activites. For me logical thing was to inform people that I'm planning to improve our releases, to push even harder in next year and I don't see anything wrong there. Is bad thing to pay your artists some money for their efforts? Is bad thing to be able to pay proper mastering without asking yourself are you gonna have some money tommorrow for lunch? Is bad thing to invest some money for proper PR?

Next month, NeoGoa will release 2 EP's and after that 2 compilations until the end of this year, all that stuff will be available for free on Ektoplazm...there will be tracks from artists who regularly release stuff on well respected labels who publishes and releases CD's every month or two, but no one will speak about it. Easier way is to be a troll and post some random bullshit on someone's hard work. I'm such a fool for replying to you afterall.

stupid Ned Stark is stupid.

Well it's really nice to see that people who actually doesn't follow or doesn't know anything about topic subject are present here to give their opinions about mentioned. First of all I'm not offended or anything similar but if you gonna speak about money or something here, first of all, be nice and go to www.ektoplazm.com and check how much NeoGoa as netlabel published and released stuff for free...

You're speaking about evolutionary process and something here, let me tell you that from the very first day I updated people, followers and all other boys and girls who liked anything related with NeoGoa with our activites. For me logical thing was to inform people that I'm planning to improve our releases, to push even harder in next year and I don't see anything wrong there. Is bad thing to pay your artists some money for their efforts? Is bad thing to be able to pay proper mastering without asking yourself are you gonna have some money tommorrow for lunch? Is bad thing to invest some money for proper PR?

Next month, NeoGoa will release 2 EP's and after that 2 compilations until the end of this year, all that stuff will be available for free on Ektoplazm...there will be tracks from artists who regularly release stuff on well respected labels who publishes and releases CD's every month or two, but no one will speak about it. Easier way is to be a troll and post some random bullshit on someone's hard work. I'm such a fool for replying to you afterall.

stupid Ned Stark is stupid.

Shit, I lost it.

Sorry I accidentally closed this tab and I normally would have lost my reply. But somehow I salvaged this screen pic and I am too lazy to rewrite it. Anyway, you are very wise to reply. Especially, because of my Posting Tourette's Syndrome. LOL. I often don't know something and write a shitty post to see the reactions. I look forward to further communication with you. And BTW, very nice website and I have been to ektoplasm before, sorry I have transient amnesia.J/K but seriously. Plus, according to Basilisk, I am a grumpy old-timer. So, you see I got a lot going for me. LOL. Thanks again.

Max Factor (95-98;10-?)

Thanks to the mods, for splitting the thread, as I was starting to feel bad about trolling the NeoGoa thread, with one of

those issues that gets under my skin (or at least has done in the past).

I am very much genuinely interested on Richpa's strategy from evolving from a freemium product - NeoGoa, to somesort of paid/revenue

model, but then I am not sure if this is the appropriate thread for that.

Never doubted for a moment, that you weren't an honest hard-working person (as are most people I know).

Tbh it was your English (no offence meant) that confused me, that 100% is still a nonsense figure, rather

you work a full-time job and go to school/college in the evenings, which is quite different. But it doesn't

sound as impressive, as "I work over 100% though I guess". (You employer won't say things like you work

100%, but rather you work x number of hours/days etc, i.e. a quantifiable amount).

Anyway back on-topic,

Hope everything manifests as far as you imagine it and more for Neogoa and its offspring. I will keep an eager

eye out for your future projects.

Actually here if you see an advertisement for a job there is stuff written like 100% or 80% or whatever figure it is. Working 100% equals 42 hours per week and everybody knows what it means. But it seems to be a regional thing then since it does not translate well into English. Sorry for that confusion. So to me working full-time and attending classes for some extra hours equals working over 100% regarding the hours.

Anyway, you are very wise to reply.

I'm not a such a wise guy. I just don't want that some outsider drop some bullcrap on something that I'm building and doing my best to improve it, that's all.

Especially, because of my Posting Tourette's Syndrome. LOL. I often don't know something and write a shitty post to see the reactions.

So you're a troll and you should get some warns or something from nice guys who care about this board. Let us all be drunk/wasted and start some discussions on random topics? Not bad, huh?

I look forward to further communication with you. And BTW, very nice website and I have been to ektoplasm before, sorry I have transient amnesia.J/K but seriously.

Thanks for checking out the website, I really appriciate it, glad you like it dude. I really don't know about your issues here, but please try not to mix up your personal life with this virtual stuff. Sometime it's really pain in the ass, especially if you can't control it.

Thanks again.

Max Factor (95-98;10-?)

Just for good old times, huh? Something for ya :)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbxboW3VhKM