Emotional psy

exotic

Today walking to work i was listening to simplicity , 'find out' was on and all of a sudden i dont know what happened , i got filled with deep emotion and tears of joy and sadness at the same time started coming to me automatically. now usually im not the one to start crying while listenign to a track , maybe its coz i lost my sister recently that i couldnt control myself and i wept all the way to office!! I felt a great sense of relief and quite spiritual after that outburst , as if i had been cleansed of long held pent up feelings. it was one of the best times i have had listening to music.

So i wanted to ask here does psy make you cry and if yes what kind of psy is it?

I've never experienced anything like it but i'd say prog psy makes me unleash such emotions, happiness sorrow etc etc. My opinion is that usually these things happen by coincidence and that u can't cry everytime you hear a track though i really like your topic mate cheers

I've been listening to Electronic music for 20 years and, well, it's not easy to have new emotions now.

Sure there were many times I wanted to shout, to burst from the enjoyment of some tracks or liveacts. And these were all memorable moments.

But what happened to me during the Ultimae night @ Aurora festival 2009 was another degree of magnitude. We had Asura, then Aes Dana, then HUVA Network then Solar Fields, then Cell... There's almost no words to describe this. In the end, the music had entered some kind of resonance with my mind. I was part of it, it was part of me; I felt this feeling of unity with the nature and elements. I don't know how, I crawled and collapsed on the beach, the music was still surrounding me, 50 meters away. I looked at the stars and I reached a climax where I felt like I understood the world. That was just for a few moments but my eyes were full of tears. Oh dear, I'll never forget that.

Ha! I remember that night really well. You forgot to mention that The Orb and Eat Static also played that night (Eat Static twice! A dance set and a chillout set). One of the best festival nights of my life: doing acid, laying down on an airbed and listening to all that Ultimae bless, doing some crazy dancing to Eat Static in between, after which we could chill down again to a fabulous live-set (real live!) by The Orb and later that morning by Eat Static! Both brilliant as well. What a night.

Also, Merv didn't play Abduction that night, but I do have really strong feelings when listening to that track. Pure bliss for me. :)

I am sorry for your sister.

I think that every track can cause an emotional apex like the one you felt. It depends on one's background, the sound system, the people around you, even the weather. I say this because I have read about people crying copiously listening to Skazi in commercial gigs we despise so much.

Personally, I had once to stop dancing to Chi-ad's "The Flame Of Ethernal Life", because it caused me so much joy, happiness, I was crying and people around me where either standing, hypnotized, like I was, or they were dancing as if they had just discovered they had legs.